Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom Broadband 2Mb - Help

Options
  • 17-01-2008 10:03pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

223422189.png
    For the last few months or so, my broadband has been like this. Im a gamer myself so with this I cant do anything really, cant download, cant play online. Ive changed filters, routers, pinged, did tracerts, called Eircom (this was of no help). They only told me to restart my router, and the usual said theres no problems with my lines and what not and that was it basically.

Right now im at the end of my teather with this connection ive done everything and tried all, is anyone else out there experiencing the same, or have the knowledge to fix this or what to do, I am in dire need of help! *stressed*

Ps- This is meant to be a 2 meg connection (yeah right..)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭turnsoutIwas

If its got a lot of phone cable between the router and the main phone socket it can slow it down like that-try moving to that and do a speedtest. If its the same call them and they'll sort it.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Its actually not a guaranteed 2mb connection, that is the max, there is also a minimum.

From http://home.eircom.net/speedtest/default.asp?id=1 says for the 2mb package:

"Home Plus Package
    On this package you should expect download Speeds of between 256kb and 2024kb (kilobits) or between 25KB and 200KB (Kilobytes)"

Once it'sin that range, our friends at Eircom will not do anything.

As turnsoutiwas says, you can use shorter cables from the router to the computer and move to the main socket....normally the one closest to the front door.

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭Grommet

Two questions:

- is the speed the same no matter what time of day you try it?
    - What exchange are you connected to?

Could be congestion at your local exchange. If you let me know where you are I'll try to find out from my mates in eircom if the exchange is due an upgrade.

Advertisement