Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bang and the PC just wouldn't start.

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

Well I know that. I just can't see where.
    There are plenty of open pins, but this is a square 4 pin thingy and doesn't seem to fit anywhere.

I'm currently looking through the Via forums to see if I can find a picture of the motherboard. All the site is giving me is this new mini one with the same model number.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,201 ✭✭✭KamiKazi

if you post up some pictures of the parts your having trouble with we might be able to help more terry

• Registered Users Posts: 14,993 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

Terry wrote: »
    I will piss myself laughing at my own stupidity if you are.

Can we laugh at you too? Please???

• Registered Users Posts: 8,398 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

Is there a socket for the 4 pin connector anywhere near the graphics card slot?

-

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

KamiKazi wrote: »
    if you post up some pictures of the parts your having trouble with we might be able to help more terry
    GIS brought up nothing, so I'll sort out pics tomorrow.

eo980 wrote: »
    Can we laugh at you too? Please???

Yes, although that square four pin thing I mentioned earlier wasn't on the original PSU, so I don't think it has anything to do with the current (no pun intended) problem.

• Advertisement

Is there a socket for the 4 pin connector anywhere near the graphics card slot?

-
    Not that I can see.
    This is a 7 year old PC here, so it only has the basics and a couple of things I added myself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

There are 2 connections from the psu 24 pin and 4 pin. The 4 pin will most probably be located somewhere near the processor as it supplies power to it. Have a good look at the mobo.

What mobo is it? Google for a manual

Newer mobo's that support dual & quad cores have 2 4pin connectors which are joined together to make an 8 pin connector. I remember there was a bit of confusion bout 2 yrs ago when some peeps had power supplies with only one 4 pin connector.

PogMoThoin wrote: »
    There are 2 connections from the psu 24 pin and 4 pin. The 4 pin will most probably be located somewhere near the processor as it supplies power to it. Have a good look at the mobo.

What mobo is it? Google for a manual

Newer mobo's that support dual & quad cores have 2 4pin connectors which are joined together to make an 8 pin connector. I remember there was a bit of confusion bout 2 yrs ago when some peeps had power supplies with only one 4 pin connector.
    There is no 4 pin located near the processor.
    There is a row of 14, a gap and then a row of 4 all along the same line.

I've googled for a manual under vt8231, but can't find the proper one. I've also googled for images, but can't find one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

1999.jpg

That your board ?

Similar, but no.
    Mine has three of those white port thingies. The little round tower thingies are on the top of the processor, as you look at it in that pic.
    Actually. Here's a pic.

19991vs0.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,576 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Terry wrote: »
    There is no 4 pin located near the processor.
    There is a row of 14, a gap and then a row of 4 all along the same line.

I've googled for a manual under vt8231, but can't find the proper one. I've also googled for images, but can't find one.

Terry "vt8231" what type of motherboard is that?? That only seems to be the chipset rather than the board itself.

jonny24ie wrote: »
    Terry "vt8231" what type of motherboard is that?? That only seems to be the chipset rather than the board itself.
    I've no idea. I don't know where to find that out and the manual is long gone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

Terry. Have a close look at the board. It should give a manufacturer and a model number on it somewhere.

For example:

9yc2kddl0roxfa4il3uo.jpg

Advertisement