Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sexton street school '71

Options
  • 17-01-2008 10:51pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 170 ✭✭

Does any one know any of these lads,photo was taken is Sexton street in '71 and i think the Br name was Br. Kirby

IMG_3829.jpg

any help to identfy,

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 267 ✭✭denismac

That would have been around my time but I'm not sure I recognise anybody there. I would have been about 10 then. What is the approx. age of these lads?
    Bro Kirby....mmmm. Not a Br. May? I'll think some more on this one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,916 ✭✭✭RonMexico

The three on the back left at the top are pigeon, dobber and antny.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭billy the squid

denismac wrote: »
    That would have been around my time but I'm not sure I recognise anybody there. I would have been about 10 then. What is the approx. age of these lads?
    Bro Kirby....mmmm. Not a Br. May? I'll think some more on this one.

Judging by the white ribbons they look to be wearing I would hazard a guess that it is first holy communion class.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,916 ✭✭✭RonMexico

RonMexico wrote: »
    The three on the back left at the top are pigeon, dobber and antny.

Excuse me for having a sense of humour. :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 170 ✭✭soldering iron

I think the big guy in the back is "charlie",there also peter tucker,(kennedy park) and Ger o Byrne ( Garryowne).thank all!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 412 ✭✭brousuka

I think the big guy in the back is "charlie",there also peter tucker,(kennedy park) and Ger o Byrne ( Garryowne).thank all!!

This was taken about a year after I left primary and the Brother is definitely recognisable to me, but don't know his name, nice photo of those times! BTW do you, or anbody else remember the infamous Bro. Sykes who taught me in 6th. class at that school around '68/69?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭billy the squid

What you could do is send the picture in to Sean Curtin at the Limerick Leader office, get it published on the Wednesday leader andsee if their readers can identify the people

Advertisement