Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

should i buy a new focus now or in july

• 17-01-2008 10:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭

Got a price today to cahnge to a focus 1.6 tdci cost 26,450.
    Anyone got any idea how much i would save if i left it till july.
    It has emissions of 124g/100km
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,468 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

depends on what you're trading in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,271 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Heavily facelifted Focus goes on sale in March too which should be noted. You most probably were getting the old model.

VRT and road tax on the TDCi will be cheaper from 1st July (assuming Ford pass on the VRT savings). Motor Tax on the TDCi from July will be €150 p.a. afaik.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,147 ✭✭✭E92

iconnect wrote: »
    Got a price today to cahnge to a focus 1.6 tdci cost 26,450.
    Anyone got any idea how much i would save if i left it till july.
    It has emissions of 124g/100km
    Thanks

The new one has 118 g/km and 14% VRT and €100 road tax if you are prepared to wait till July.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

New model, wait wait wait... We saw what happened the prices on the mondeo's when the new model came out...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 986 ✭✭✭Typhoon.

yeah the focus is getting a face llift to look like the new mondeo...DEFFO wait man....its suicide when selling the car to have the old model

• Advertisement

New model, wait wait wait... We saw what happened the prices on the mondeo's when the new model came out...

Why what did Ford do? The "new" Focus is really the same as the old one, the exterior and interior have been restyled(especially the interior), and the sound deadening has been improved so I'm told(apparently the old Focus is a bit noisy at speed), but it is more or less the same car otherwise, bar one or 2 updates to the 1.6 diesels, and of course there is this new ECOnetic version.

Whereas the new Mondeo really is a completely new car, although some of the engines were carried over from the old one.

Still, it's a "new" model

Still, it's a "new" model

But did Ford up the price for the new Mondeo?

I don't know, u tell me. I'm in part time car sales myself and all i've noticed is the mondeo is being hit with a big depriciation. All i'm saying is, if some1 came into u with two 08 model Ford Focus. One was the old shape and one was the new shape which would u be more keep on takin in? It was the same when they facelifted the touareg, u could still buy the older one in 07, and it was awful looking in comparision to the new, facelifted model. All of a sudden a modern jeep looked dated.

We'll see what happens in march...

I don't know, u tell me. I'm in part time car sales myself and all i've noticed is the mondeo is being hit with a big depriciation. All i'm saying is, if some1 came into u with two 08 model Ford Focus. One was the old shape and one was the new shape which would u be more keep on takin in?

I thought from the way you were going on that you knew if Ford upped the prices of a new Mondeo and by how much. I now see what you were on about is how it would affect second hand car values.

In which case I agree with you.

• Advertisement

E92 wrote: »
    I thought from the way you were going on that you knew if Ford upped the prices of a new Mondeo and by how much. I now see what you were on about is how it would affect second hand car values.

In which case I agree with you.

Jaysus sorry ya, wasn't very clear in me post. Sounded better in me head:rolleyes:. Alls well

Advertisement