Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ross Kemp in Afghanistan

• 17-01-2008 11:05pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,084 ✭✭✭

Starts Monday at 9pm Sky One.
    http://www.skyone.co.uk/rosskemp/

Looks like it is going to be pretty good.Anyone else tuning in?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,739 ✭✭✭✭minidazzler

I am definately watching the first one. I don't think it will be as good as it could be.

and a question.

Would you really want to be the only man in a whole country not packing some heat??? I would not feel safe without at LEAST an AK74 and plenty of ammo for it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,625 ✭✭✭AngryHippie

He's safe as fcuk, They all know he's Grant Mitchell, nobody's gonna mess wit him, He'll bottle them or biff them round a bit, or get shouty,
    also he's filming, not invading, so I doubt the Mujaheddin will be out to get him, and they aren't really known for their "collateral damage" are they?

He's safe as fcuk, They all know he's Grant Mitchell, nobody's gonna mess wit him, He'll bottle them or biff them round a bit, or get shouty,
    also he's filming, not invading, so I doubt the Mujaheddin will be out to get him, and they aren't really known for their "collateral damage" are they?

Hahahaha, he is well 'ard!

Anyway, he is hanging with the Anglians. They maybe a county regiment but they gave the Taliban a pasting during their time in A-stan!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,027 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

Anyone see the Green Berets documentry on Discovery on Wed night? They where travelling around with them filming. Where going on a night observation/ambush and when they got to the area they had to clear loads of IEDs. They missed one and 2 US soldiers where killed and some more wounded with the Discovery film crew also injured.

So I doubt they'd be afraid of an over paid actor and from what the Discovery/US army people where saying nowhere is safe over there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 812 ✭✭✭Blazher

Del2005 wrote: »
    Anyone see the Green Berets documentry on Discovery on Wed night? They where travelling around with them filming. Where going on a night observation/ambush and when they got to the area they had to clear loads of IEDs. They missed one and 2 US soldiers where killed and some more wounded with the Discovery film crew also injured.

So I doubt they'd be afraid of an over paid actor and from what the Discovery/US army people where saying nowhere is safe over there.

Do you happen to remember the name of that Doc?

Also he has a full team with him every were he goes,

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,534 ✭✭✭✭AbusesToilets

It's called Inside the Green Berets.It was shown on national geographic channel originally

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,084 ✭✭✭eroo

Ya I missed that Green Beret doc...feckin parade night!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

I'll defo be watching it... Looks great!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 587 ✭✭✭c-90

It's called Inside the Green Berets.It was shown on national geographic channel originally

are ye sure its not called "green berets under fire" twas looking for it and thats all i can find.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,027 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

Blazher wrote: »
    Do you happen to remember the name of that Doc?

Also he has a full team with him every were he goes,

It was Inside the Green Berets on National Geographic as Abuses Toilets said. Get them channels confused. Only good thing is they repeat like mad on them so should be back on.

They had a full team of Green Berets and Afgan army also. Still went to hell.

http://channel.nationalgeographic.com/channel/green-berets/about.html

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 66 ✭✭Gunny Hartman

I caught the first episode of Kemp in Astan on Sky any time. I have to say it's really good, the first episode is the few months prior to the tour of duty and looking at how the soliders are gearing up about heading into the theatre. It also looks at the family side of things and how the soldiers family deal with him going away.

Also he was worried himself about getting in the way when they come into contact with enemy forces and the CO of The Vikings made sure that Kemp and the crew were able to use an SA80. When he fired it on the ranges it wasn't zero'd either because if he had to pick up one in the field it won't be zero'd.

You see no combat in the first episode but definately one to follow...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 636 ✭✭✭Flying

Whats Sky Anytime I have a sky digibox ??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 85 ✭✭prod_igy

Ross Kemp on now!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,871 ✭✭✭Conor108

Looking excellent so far. Seems like its going to be very detailed:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,157 ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

It's really cool so far, very informative, i like Ross's style of narrating the show.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,085 ✭✭✭✭listermint

looking forward to the next installment

really good show, cant wait for next one

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 587 ✭✭✭c-90

good stuff, wonder how long its gonna go on for?

Wikipedia says it's a 5-part series

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 744 ✭✭✭cold_filter

I really liked it, as i liked his gang series.

Also the part about him being the last man standing, If that happens maybe he'll go "ultimate force" and kill all taleban

But it will be good to see the rest of the episodes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,567 ✭✭✭✭Fratton Fred

I really liked it, as i liked his gang series.

Also the part about him being the last man standing, If that happens maybe he'll go "ultimate force" and kill all taleban

But it will be good to see the rest of the episodes.

"Lane 12, 18 points....SAS my arse" :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,084 ✭✭✭eroo

"Lane 12, 18 points....SAS my arse" :D

Loved that..it was the way yer man said it:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,103 ✭✭✭estebancambias

It was good, but it will do well to beat the series on gangs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,739 ✭✭✭✭minidazzler

It's a good show. I couldnt believe when I saw that 18 year old lad. He is so young. He looked like a boy when it first showed him in England. hen it showed him about to leave Afghanistan he looked much older.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 476 ✭✭cp251

It was interesting but somehow I don't think it will compare to Chris Terrill's experiences with the Royal Marines. He got an honourary green beret and went into action with the Marines, no crew just him and a camera. Hard to beat that documentary.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭Ronan Raver77

cp251 wrote: »
    It was interesting but somehow I don't think it will compare to Chris Terrill's experiences with the Royal Marines. He got an honourary green beret and went into action with the Marines, no crew just him and a camera. Hard to beat that documentary.

Have to agree with you there cp251 Chris Terrill best docu series of 2007 if you ask me..I like Ross Kemp and hopefully his series will be a close second to the Commando series.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 812 ✭✭✭Blazher

cp251 wrote: »

Also have to agree!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 Prolatarian

2nd Instalment about to start.:)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 26,567 ✭✭✭✭Fratton Fred

Jesus. Hats off to Ross Kemp, he is certainly getting in the thick of it.

Advertisement