Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Flights to Paris from Waterford

• 17-01-2008 11:09pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 163 ✭✭

Any of you Waterford folks know anything about proposed flights to Paris from Waterford? Read about this on another site , but not sure how true it is. I know theres a new schedule to Bordeaux planned. If paris is planned, how many flights per week, what airport in paris and what airline.?...Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭fricatus

How many per week? No idea.
    What airport? CDG.
    What airline? Aer Arann, with planes leased from a group called Nex aviation (same setup as per Amsterdam, Bordeaux, Malaga...)

There's a report in the News & Star (though not yet in the online edition) that says that negotiations are at an advanced stage to secure slots at CDG.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43 sm123_irl

As far as i am aware they will be separate to the ones announced by Aer Arann and the Paris flight will be announced along side a flight to palma and will be sold by Slattery Travel however will be run by Nex Aviation

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭fricatus

sm123_irl wrote: »
    As far as i am aware they will be separate to the ones announced by Aer Arann and the Paris flight will be announced along side a flight to palma and will be sold by Slattery Travel however will be run by Nex Aviation

I don't have the article in front of me now, but I think that's at odds with what the News & Star said, so one of you has your facts wrong...

Not saying which one though! ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43 sm123_irl

well lets just say I have my sources and they would be more accurate than the news and star

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

I have the article in front of me:-

1) Flights from Waterford to Paris Charls de Gaullue. Nothing confirmed, in the final stages of negotiating. Expect an announcement soon..

2) Expected to start the week of May 1st - same week Aer Arann are flying to Amsterdam.

3) Nex Aviation are the ones doing the route to Amsterdam. (Aer Arann has a franchise agreement with them). Other routes they are covering is: Bordeaux, Malaga, and Faro.

Nothing indicates in the article what Air Line is doing the route for definite. I think people are jumping from the paragraph on the Paris route to the Amsterdam route, and I don't think the N&S mean the same Air Line is handing that route. The headline is rather misleading, as its mostly about the Amsterdam route and a few lines about them in negotiations to do Paris.

However, I cant see where it states clearly what Air Line and how many flights are being covered. Nothing is finalised, so I think its just letting people know that the service is being looked into. Also, no reference to Slattery Travel or Palma. Id be more inclined to think sm123_irl is more accurate..

• Advertisement
Advertisement