Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Need help finding accessible holiday places please..

Options
  • 17-01-2008 11:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 26

Hi all,
    I am looking for an wheelchair-accessible cottage or flat to take a 2 week holiday in Louth or Meath, if anyone knows of anything/anywhere could you please let me know.

Thank You In Advance

:D

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,925 ✭✭✭RainyDay

I wouldn't think anything of level three on that scale.....if you can't fit a carer in the space how could you possibly have room to manoeuvre a wheelchair.
    And lets say you are a person who can walk a few steps to use this bathroom, your not liklely to be steady on your feet, is a cramped space going to be a safe place to have a fall.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,925 ✭✭✭RainyDay

Moonbaby wrote: »
    I wouldn't think anything of level three on that scale.....if you can't fit a carer in the space how could you possibly have room to manoeuvre a wheelchair.
    I think the idea is that you can't fit a carer AND a wheelchair, but you can fit a wheelchair on its own, making it suitable for an independent wheelchair user.

If you have room to turn a chair you have room to fit a carer.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 strooooble

Well yes we were staying in a travelodge accessible room before and it was working fine, the only thing my friend needs help with is getting in and out of bed, she is well able to look after herself otherwise.

I think category three is fine in that case, but there don't seem to be lots of places nearby. I'd really need something close by.

Where has everyone stayed so far?
    If I get the time off maybe it's worth driving to the other side of Ireland...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭SpicyNoodle

I don't know if this is exactly what you had in mind but I thought I might post it anyway. I have gone to Carlingford adventure centre on a number of times with wheelchair users. Everywhere in the building is wheelchair accessible but some of the rooms are a little small. Here is their website- http://www.carlingfordadventure.com/html/carlingfordadv.html

I also see they have homes for rent, but I am not sure of cost so you could contact them regarding. Here is their holiday home page- http://www.carlingfordholidayhomes.com/index.php

Also Cassidy Cottages is something I found under a search, they are in Cavan.
    http://www.cassidycottages.ie/

Type 'wheelchair friendly holidays' into google and make sure to click on 'pages from Ireland'.

SpicyNoodle

• Registered Users Posts: 26 strooooble

Thanks so much, I'll try that. :D

Advertisement