Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

rainwater collection-greenhouse

Options
  • 17-01-2008 11:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 16

Hi, anyone have any information on water recycling systems for their gardens.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,167 ✭✭✭10-10-20

I bought one of these in France...

http://pagesperso-orange.fr/bellijardin/Bellijardin.htm
    Click "Récupérateur à eau - Water storage " on the left.

It was €120 (I got it for €60) and the one I got takes 300l.
    See if they have any suppliers here.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,470 ✭✭✭✭Alun

Many local authorities here supply water butts for subsidized prices .. here in Co. Wicklow I can get one from them for only €40. ecostore.ie sell the same thing as far as I can see for €65. I think Fingal and Dublin City Council do them as well.

If not, as mentioned, ecostore.ie sell them here.

• Registered Users Posts: 700 ✭✭✭garyh3

Ok I got a 40 gal blue tub from a farm shop for 15 euros

Got a Drainpipe divertor from ebay for abut 10 euros and also a tap for a few euros. (the tap has a screw thread on it which you are suppose to put a nut on the other end, but that would mean you have to cut the top of your tub....

Sooooooo how do you get the tap in..... wellll

This is what I did and it worked.

Us a drill and drill a hole in the tub where you want the tap to go. Make the hold a little bit smaller than use a hair drier and heat up around the hole and then you should be able to screw in the tap.

Hope this helps

• Registered Users Posts: 21,470 ✭✭✭✭Alun

The one I mentioned above comes with the water butt itself, a lid, drainpipe diverter with overflow, tap and even a free stand all for €40. Doesn't seem worth going down the DIY route for that price TBH.

Advertisement