Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

how many ACCA exams to take?

• 17-01-2008 11:56pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 14

hey

ill be starting my final 5 acca exams next summer when i finish college, i have a good 3/4 months to study before i start work in september/october. i want to get as many out of the way while i'm not workin as to avoid as many of them evening lectures as possible, how many would you guys recommend sitting at one time??

Thanks

Paul

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 184 ✭✭Climber

It's difficult to say Paul.

I did one exam thought CBE last April and then two written exams in June and managed to pass all three. I was working full time all the while.

I found it really tough going, but if you put in the effort it's possible.

If you'll have 3/4 months off to study then you are looking at doing 3-4 exams. Four is the max of course.

Remember though, you do need 3 years relevant work experience before you get certified, so there's no real point in killing yourself to finish them so quickly.

I say do three exams in June!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 83 ✭✭lochie

Hi Paul,

I was in the same situation as you - finished college in May and only had 5 exams to do. I started work in Sept and did three exams in Dec last. Only attended lectures for 2 as I couldn't find lectures for P2 int and it was tough enough but I would def do it again and recommend it to get them out of the way asap. I had a month off work for study leave though. won't recommend it if you don't have substantial study leave....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 pauldrums

so would you do 4 if you were doin it again

well if you are def not working at all while doing exams you could do 4.

but if you are working at all when doing exams and going to college in the evening and even with good study leave 4 would be too much imo.

when would you be aiming to do your first set of exams?? and when would you be starting work??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 pauldrums

thanks for the replys. im finished college in may, ill do exams in december and start work in september/october, i havent got a date yet

• Advertisement

That's the exact same as me. I wouldn't advise doing 4. College for acca starts the last week of aug/first week of sept so you would be working the whole time you are in college. In this case from my experience 4 would be too many to do. if you have good study leave i would do 3 max...

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭Coala

I think 3 is enough

Advertisement