Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BT exchanges

Options
  • 18-01-2008 12:07am
    Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭

Up untill the new year iv had no problems with BT BB, im on the 3mb line, but this year my Avg download speeds from 9am till 11pm is about 14kb, then it picks back up to about 240kb after mid night.

So i rang up BT about this and they told me iv been moved from the summer hill exchange to the whitehall exchange, i live about 100meters from the summer hill exchange and about 2-3k from whitehall. This also stops me from getting the 8mb package too.

Is there an one else i could contact to get put back on to the summer hill exchange? or am i just F'ed now?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,042 ✭✭✭kaizersoze

I didn't think it was possible to move to a different exchange without loosing your number. I know this is the case if you move house and want to keep your number but are moving to a different exchange area.

Try the Smart line checker to see what exchange you're on. http://www.smarttelecom.ie/howtoorder.html

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,490 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Due to the work involved Eircom will not move you to another exchange unless you physically move your house and your on a different exchange :)

Advertisement