Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Email revelations - Ouch [No names. No email contents. No requests]

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,747 ✭✭✭MikeHoncho

prendy wrote: »
    Did you actually read the email or just an article on it?????
    ammm no it isnt just her decision.
    your missing the whole point...she named the child, she told him she was gonna have it then went behind his back and killed his unborn child(his view).
    the fact that she named it made it more real.

HE SAYS she named the child etc. The guy is actually a complete whack job and a fantasist. None of you know any of the facts of this story. If I was a mod id be locking this thread as its all just speculation and bull**** from people who dont know what they are talking about.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,761 ✭✭✭✭Winters

Anyone who reads it knows that the email provides only his side of the whole thing. Would be interesting to see the other.

However when reading it you do gather that the guy has a bit more than a few screws lose and anything he says or claims can probably be ignored. What he did [email] was just childish.[/email]

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 871 ✭✭✭gerTheGreat

Eglinton wrote: »
    Man, what a way to ruin lives. People don't seem to realise that emails spread like there's no tomorrow.

Spammer do.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

Winters wrote: »
    Id say he got his P45 soon after.
    That would be the least of his worries, considering he said he'd just dropped a bunch of pills...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,251 ✭✭✭AngryBadger

Can't find it on google search using "email abortion office Ireland"...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

Guess you're not in the loop, old timer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

MikeHoncho wrote: »
    None of you know any of the facts of this story.

And you do, right? Especially that you know that guy is :
    actually a complete whack job and a fantasist.

MikeHoncho wrote: »
    If I was a mod

I'm glad you're not.
    MarkR wrote:
    Blown out of proportion in my opinion. Would certainly make things a bit awkward the following monday, but nothing to write home about.

One of the best known media companies in this country mysteriously shuts it's website the same day this email circulates... not only internally, but to suppliers and most likely to clients and everyone else. This is very serious in my opinion, and I'd imagine it's going to have further consequences as companies realise the impact one email (on what was one employees personal matter) can have on it's brand, business and employees.

search the blogs

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,251 ✭✭✭AngryBadger

hmmmm...dunno that I'd respond the same way myself but if she did have an abortion and not tell him, (and especially if she'd previously told him she wanted to keep the child) then, well, I can't think of many other things that would probably cause someone to go balls crazy.

That said, as I always do in these cases, why did he get involved with someone like that? (the whole thing of meeting him for a month before leaving her partner of the time - wtf?)

'course that's all assuming this is even remotely true and not another 'net spoof.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,323 ✭✭✭Hitchhiker's Guide to...

you have to search within blogs on the google page

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,506 ✭✭✭Jackz

Awww they changed his e-mail password :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,396 ✭✭✭✭Karoma

Do not post details that may identify individuals.
    Do not post requests for the email - either directly asking for a PM or indirectly for details on how to find it.
    If you fail at searching with google -that's your problem. No part of that email is to be republish in AH.
    Next person to ask gets a ban - for stupidity. Ozzyoh: Do not post in this thread again.

Draconian measures aside, it's really not worth the read...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,931 ✭✭✭togster

Karoma wrote: »

it's really not worth the read...

FACT

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,460 ✭✭✭Blisterman

Karoma, by making it taboo, you're just making people want to read it more.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,834 ✭✭✭Sonnenblumen

Eglinton wrote: »
    Did a little google recon and it appears to be valid.

Man, what a way to ruin lives. People don't seem to realise that emails spread like there's no tomorrow.

Emails like paper can carry all sorts of nonsense.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,323 ✭✭✭Hitchhiker's Guide to...

Blisterman wrote: »

i should try that strategy with my students :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,834 ✭✭✭Sonnenblumen

Disagree, it is worth reading and stop putting out fires!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,396 ✭✭✭✭Karoma

Blisterman wrote: »

--> OBVIOUS <---

I can do that too.
    We're still not allowing the publication of any portion of it, or stupid requests from people too thick to use google properly. I'm deleting the thread at the next request and handing out a ban. Call it an idiot filter.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 16,186 ✭✭✭✭Maple

It is true. On receipt of it noting the contact details I rang the company and asked to speak to the guy in question, especially as he had rambled on about taking a bunch of pills etc. They told me that he no longer worked for the company. They asked if anyone else could help me and I told them that I'd just received this very bizarre email. The receptionist apologised etc etc and wanted to put me through to a manager. They're on serious damage control there.

Seriously screwed up situation.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 799 ✭✭✭Schlemm

True, it's a bit too much like something out of a chick lit novel for me...zzzzzzz.......office situation, he says/she says, yada yada, blah blah, omg, sonso in PR is such a douche, etc.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 992 ✭✭✭Eglinton

There's actually an A-Team version going around now. All the names changed to characters from the A-Team. ha

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭A-Trak

It's fantastically boring and not entertaining in the slightest.

The individual who wrote it does seem fairly off kilter, but it's not even interesting in a car crash, cheap voyeuristic sense that you may be witnessing lunacy.

Some "leaving mails," can at times be very funny and smart although being revenge driven and the work of not the most well adjusted individuals.
    That one wasn't.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 85,174 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

this reminds me of the MCD thing - same deal: you will go google it and then be disappointed, and forget what it was all about anyway. Its not really worth reading and to be honest i think its just viral advertising.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Stench Blossoms

I feel sorry for the guy, the girl shouldn't have aborted the baby without letting him know first. The whole thing about naming the child though, i think thats a bit overboard. She probably just said a some stage "I'd like to call my first child Sophie".

He needs councelling anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,552 ✭✭✭✭GuanYin

JohnK wrote: »
    I've had a read of this now and I have to its a load of bollox right? The email implies that the baby was 8 weeks (7 weeks and 3 days as of last Wednesday) and that it would have been a girl named Sophie. A Google search says gender can be most accurately determined between the 18th and 26th week of pregnancy. Even assuming that a good guess could be made prior to that how the hell do you do that it at least 10 weeks sooner?

PCR based methods can determine gender at 5 weeks, although its not 100% reliable until 7 weeks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

I have to say I found it fascinating! He is extremely messed up.
    I searched the death notices in the Irish Times recently and no one with his surname was mentioned in a while, so the pills mustn't have killed him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 324 ✭✭Joe Cool

From what I heard (secondhand info from someone who knows a co-worker) he isn't dead, he was apprehended by the authorities for his own safety and she has resigned and gone on traveling.

Obviously I can't verify this but its a better ending than your man offing himself. They caught up with him in the midlands, wasn't informed as to where he was destined.

The email itself was only interesting to me as it passed the time of a boring day in work and lead to numerous emails bouncing back and forth discussing it. If I had been at home I wouldn't have bothered with it.

I found this to be much more entertaining and funnier:

http://www.i-am-bored.com/bored_link.cfm?link_id=27075

Hello to all the AH crowd. Long time lurker, first time poster in here.

Word out.

Damnit. Spent ages trying to track it down. Read through it. I'm severely disappointed now. It's nowhere near as good as the email the dude sent to his girlfriend after he found out she had oral sex with someone in a bar's toilet, while he waited outside.

This was just a bitching session. But then again, I'm not entirely sure what I was expecting either.

Also, the A-Team version? Ha! Face getting B.A pregnant, that'd make for an interesting read

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,552 ✭✭✭✭GuanYin

Pythia wrote: »
    I have to say I found it fascinating! He is extremely messed up.
    I searched the death notices in the Irish Times recently and no one with his surname was mentioned in a while, so the pills mustn't have killed him.

He's on suicide watch at the moment.

The GF was fired.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,678 ✭✭✭DeepBlue

Meh, twas wasted as an email but it would have made a great PI thread.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 578 ✭✭✭Leon11

psi wrote: »
    He's on suicide watch at the moment.

The GF was fired.

How could the gf be fired? She's done **** all imo. If there's emails going around slandering other people fair enough

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,103 ✭✭✭promethius

If that's true it's one hell of a mess personally for those people (there are pictures of them on the net) along with the office involved, not sure they they continue to operate with what was said in the mail.

Advertisement