Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

UFC signs exclusive deal with Setanta

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,424 ✭✭✭fatal

damn!!!!!!!!1
    that is bloody great news.For 9.99 a month you get a ufc ppv and everything else that setanta has to offer.Our american cousins must be raged at this.Make sure that you state that you are subscribing to setanta because of UFC if you are going to subscribe

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,284 ✭✭✭Gerard.C

This mean they won't be on bravo anymore? And will the ppvs be live here?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

I think Setanta is €18 per month here. Gonna be a stretch to try and do that in addition to everything else. Sounds like a good deal though.

Yes thats correct, all will be on Setanta , and hopfully better coverage then Bravo. The other good thing is all the PPV's will be live, not the day after .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,632 ✭✭✭SuperWoody101

Great news.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,045 ✭✭✭Vince135792003

Good news. Watching fights lives (without all the ad breaks too) is way more fun.

It's also good for UFC to get on a Sports channel.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,922 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Tis E19.99 a month now because of inclusion of Arsenal channel .....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,894 ✭✭✭evad_lhorg

Deadly!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,556 ✭✭✭✭AckwelFoley

i think im about 2 seconds away from dumping Sky sports and getting setanta :D

callaway92 wrote: »
    Tis E19.99 a month now because of inclusion of Arsenal channel .....

Its actually not because of arsenal Tv Its more due to the amount of boxing that has been signed up. Not only that but the Rep Of Ireland Away world Cup qualifier matches as well as the FA cup . UFC has now been added to that .

• Advertisement

Originally Posted by Snyper
    i think im about 2 seconds away from dumping Sky sports and getting setanta

I have Setanta and Sky Sports and Sky Sports is way better.. The quality of the picture for Setanta isnt great and it is very good on Sky Sports, also..there is a LOT of repeated programmes on Setanta and less live sports.:cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,492 ✭✭✭EdK

I have both aswell its great you have all bases covered between them

I have Setanta and Sky Sports and Sky Sports is way better.. The quality of the picture for Setanta isnt great and it is very good on Sky Sports, also..there is a LOT of repeated programmes on Setanta and less live sports.:cool:

You have a dodgy dish then as Sky uses the same signal as Setanta. With regards your comments on Sky having more live programing, i would recheck the listings if i were you .
    I use both also, Covers me for everthing .

What i meant was they have better live sports coverage...All the big football matches...2 of the golf majors and the Ryder Cup..Best Tennis..Anyway we're kinda going off topic because i think that this is a brilliant deal for Setanta anyway..:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,059 ✭✭✭Kid Nothing

Am i right to get from that press release that they'll onlt be showing them live from July onwards? No Lesnar Vs Mir live?!!!

twont be live :(..It will be shown the night after it is live on Bravo...:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

I think I need to change my underpants :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,815 ✭✭✭Charlie

You have a dodgy dish then as Sky uses the same signal as Setanta. With regards your comments on Sky having more live programing, i would recheck the listings if i were you .
    I use both also, Covers me for everthing .

You have dodgy info mate.

Yes, the signal sent down form the satellite to your dish is the same, but the bit-rates that Sky Sports and Setanta use are quite different (Setanta's being the worse). It is common knowledge, and clear as day to anyone who has visually compared them, that Setanta's picture quality is vastly inferior to Sky's, particularly if your displaying it on a large screen LCD.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,492 ✭✭✭EdK

Blah blah blah picture quality sky has billions sentanta is still getting there even though they are pretty big (wwe vs tna) but they offer a service and everything they have sky dont and visa versa so its still great

I have a 42 inch lcd and it doesnt bother me enough to care

I have noticed over the last few days that the picture quality on Setanta Ireland and Setanta Sports 2 has increased drastically.

• Advertisement

You have dodgy info mate.

Yes, the signal sent down form the satellite to your dish is the same, but the bit-rates that Sky Sports and Setanta use are quite different (Setanta's being the worse). It is common knowledge, and clear as day to anyone who has visually compared them, that Setanta's picture quality is vastly inferior to Sky's, particularly if your displaying it on a large screen LCD.

Just compared them on 6 different TVs and all the quality is the same. Its not common knowlage its actually a common problem that has been fixed by having an engineer re-allign the dish. Believe me i have had many of them fixed for people .

Sorry again for posting this off topic it has all be discussed in the satelite forum .

Anyway looking forward to tomorrow. I think Stevenson is going to win this one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,614 ✭✭✭The Sparrow

twont be live :(..It will be shown the night after it is live on Bravo...:(

Is this how they are working it? The press release is a bit vague regarding if the American cards will be live or not. I really hope they start showing it live on the sat nights.

Although I could see why they would want to put ads in it on the Sun night.

It is great news nonetheless. I have Setanta so with the boxing and the footie it is worthwhile. Even if I couldn't watch a match last weekend because of the weather. I must look at re-aligning my dish because if it went in the middle of a big main event I would be less than pleased!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

woooo232 wrote: »
    Is this how they are working it? The press release is a bit vague regarding if the American cards will be live or not. I really hope they start showing it live on the sat nights.

Setanta will be showing US events live from July. callaway92 was talking about UFC 81, which will still be on Bravo on a Sunday

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,099 ✭✭✭Dean820

Wait...has Bravo lost rights to UFC?

Sorry if I missed something on the first page.

Dean820 wrote: »
    Wait...has Bravo lost rights to UFC?

Sorry if I missed something on the first page.

Yeah, but Bravo will still be showing the US events a day later until July

What about Ultimate Fighter? I assume Setanta will get the whole package.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,099 ✭✭✭Dean820

Thats terrible news. I always just sky plus it off Bravo and skip through the ads, makes no difference to me. But with Setanta, that will cost me 20 euro per month. I knows its not much but still. I guess its back to downloading/streaming for a lot of us.

On the flip side some of us wont be downloading come July so I guess it works both ways.

Setanta is €15 for NTL customers I think, is it €20 for Sky?

• Advertisement

Fozzy wrote: »
    Setanta is €15 for NTL customers I think, is it €20 for Sky?

Yeah I pay €19.99 and I have SKY. I really hope that this means that UFC will at least be shown in widescreen unlike Bravo.

So UFC PPV's start at 10pm ET in the States. So live that will be 2am-5am here. God that means at least one very drunken very late night a month!:eek:

Advertisement