Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Scammer made to hand write 293 pages of Harry Potter!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,331 ✭✭✭✭bronte

Haha! I love that website!
    This reminds me of when i was back in 1st year of secondary school.
    We had a german teacher and one of the boys in my class thought it would be funny to sing the shaggy song that goes 'mr. lover-lover..' replacing the lover-lover bit with the teacher's second name, which also began with L.

The teacher overheard him and made him write the ENTIRE lyrics to the song 10 times :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,151 ✭✭✭Thomas_S_Hunterson

schtung!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 595 ✭✭✭speaktofrank

Hi Karl,
    Nice to see you like our website. :)
    I have been a member there for 4 years, the Harry Potter book is pretty tame compared to some of the stuff. One of the guys convinced a scammer to make a recording of the Village People's YMCA.

http://www.zshare.net/audio/1226342b6b28c3

Actually quite good, listen to the whole song, I am sure anyone who listens to it will agree that it is really good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

Hehe, Cyberdyne systems:p
    I'll definitely be bookmarking the site anyway

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,807 ✭✭✭✭Orion

That is one of the best ones I've seen in a while :D

/me takes mental note to bait

Srsly

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,814 ✭✭✭TPD

Haha, brilliant site. Cant wait for my next scammer email now!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭Heisenberg.

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,031 ✭✭✭Lockstep

My favorite part was the bit where Mrs Joyce threatened to send the wrath of God down on him.

Not dissing theism in any way but she was treating God like her personal avenge r to carry out gypsy curses

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,828 ✭✭✭ven0m

There is pwnage .... and then some serious SERIOUS pwnage & then that!!!! :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

but she was treating God like her personal avenge r to carry out gypsy curses

he does at the weekend, Tim Olyphant hitman styleee so he has money for cigs, beer & dominos pizza during the week ..... shhheeesssshhh - did you expect him to sit around all week stroking his beard all week?????

:::: ven0mous ::::

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,815 ✭✭✭✭galwayrush

That is fantastic, .:cool:
    Reminds me of a Scottish person who managed to get a scammer to travel to Glasgow and stand on one leg in a certain street wearing something bizzare.:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 85,174 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

karma is good :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,367 ✭✭✭✭watna

I love that site too. I also spent about a week in work reading all the scambaiting. Burst out laughing more then once! my favourite ones are when they get scammers to get tattoos. Hilarious!

Anyone that wants to give it a try (scambaiting) you are more than welcome to join the forums there.
    Did anyone listen to the song and if so what did you think?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,277 ✭✭✭✭Rb

Anyone that wants to give it a try (scambaiting) you are more than welcome to join the forums there.
    Did anyone listen to the song and if so what did you think?
    It was unbelievably good, quite surprising.

The one by Shiver where he got the guy to get a tatoo was gold, really well done.

I've yet to get a single one of these emails though:(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

That's one of the better ones i've seen on the site. Harry Potter :D

rb_ie wrote: »
    It was unbelievably good, quite surprising.

The one by Shiver where he got the guy to get a tatoo was gold, really well done.

I've yet to get a single one of these emails though:(

Usually you get them if your email address is on a website somewhere on the net. So if you want to try your hand at it, just join our forum or sign a few guestbooks on line and you will soon see the scam mail flooding in. It's best to set up a gmail account.
    Any other questions feel free to PM me

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,668 ✭✭✭eringobragh

I received this today if anyone wants to scambait him ..I'm bored winding them up. It hard to pass up on an offer of $24.5m but the dollar is so weak against the euro at the moment its just not worth my while :D

Private Business Proposal.‏
    Sent: 19 January 2008 14:00:18
    Reply-to: wang.hongzhang@yahoo.com.hk

I am Mr.Wang HongZhang of People's Bank of China,
    Beijing.I have a business proposal of $24.5m for
    you to handle with me.If interested please send
    your full contact details to my private Email:
    wang.hongzhang@yahoo.com.hk and after that i
    shall provide you with more details of this
    business proposal.

Regards,
    Mr.Wang.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

Usually you get them if your email address is on a website somewhere on the net. So if you want to try your hand at it, just join our forum or sign a few guestbooks on line and you will soon see the scam mail flooding in. It's best to set up a gmail account.
    Any other questions feel free to PM me
    I have only ever recieved one (that I can recall. Some may have just gone to the spam folder automatically) and that was in my gmail account a few weeks back.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 412 ✭✭paul666

i cant get onto the site it seems to be down since yesterday are any of ye havin problems with it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,358 ✭✭✭seraphimvc

the site is not working...

i feel sad if i dont have a chance to punish those spammers!!at least 300 of them every month in my gmail!

• Advertisement

The site is back now, had some maintenance, had a few bots sniffing around maybe in preparation for a DDOS attack. We are hurting the Russian scammers especially hard so they are trying to take the site down by any means at their disposal. Unluckily for them we are just as determined to keep the site up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

The site is back now, had some maintenance, had a few bots sniffing around maybe in preparation for a DDOS attack. We are hurting the Russian scammers especially hard so they are trying to take the site down by any means at their disposal. Unluckily for them we are just as determined to keep the site up.

Good stuff man, I hope you keep at it. ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

Down when I tried. May try tomorrow. *yawns*

Advertisement