Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rent in Galway

Options
  • 18-01-2008 4:48am
    Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭

I was curious as to what kind of rent people are paying in the city these days.

Its haven't lived in Galway since '05, but I plan to return in the next couple of months.

So what are yee paying???

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,673 ✭✭✭s_carnage

I'm living in a 3 bedroom house at the moment in Bohermore and it's €1100 a month. It's a big house and we all have our own bathroom so it's resonable enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭L'prof

There are 4 of us sharing a 3 bed house for €1000 a month (€250 each)! We live right beside Eyre Square too so it's fairly cheap!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,166 ✭✭✭✭Zzippy

An arm and a leg :(

Oh wait, that's called a mortgage these days! :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭bugle

dun na coiribe, 2 bedroom = 950 a month. im gettin ripped off man.its disgusting

• Registered Users Posts: 293 ✭✭padraig71

2 bed flat on Merchants Road, €830 a month. Went up this month from €760, but as it's the first hike in the three years I've been here I wasn't too surprised. I've certainly heard a lot worse in the city centre.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,124 ✭✭✭kittensoft1984

im living in doughiska which is only about 15 mins from the city centre and im paying €240 a month.

Its a huge house and its got all the mod cons and stuff!

its cool :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,790 ✭✭✭cornbb

Paying 400 for a double room in a big detatched house in Lr Salthill. The house is a bit shabby but the location is great.

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭rorymagory

im living in doughiska which is only about 15 mins from the city centre and im paying €240 a month.

Its a huge house and its got all the mod cons and stuff!

its cool :)

Is that not very far out though? If i could drive i maybe would have looked at there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,124 ✭✭✭kittensoft1984

nope the number 9 bus stops right outside the estate and gets into town in about 15/20 mins.

i dont drive either. so its handy for me. i work in parkmore so its handy for me too.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,184 ✭✭✭Fey!

bugle wrote: »
    dun na coiribe, 2 bedroom = 950 a month. im gettin ripped off man.its disgusting

Back in the good old days of Punt, I was paying £550 for a 2 bed in Lower Salthill. We moved out in December 2001 (2 weeks before the Euro), and the rent went up to £750 (€950)!!! The reason for the move was I bought a 5 bedroom house 15 minutes walk from the city centre, and my mortgage at the time was €950!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Mill street, 2 double bedrooms, 1 bath. 900 total/month + bills.
    Great little flat.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,276 ✭✭✭Alessandra

160 eu 3 mins from town! box room though but its nothing in fairness.

• Registered Users Posts: 719 ✭✭✭Bass Cadet

I'm charging a lodger €360 a month for a double with ensuite in Shantalla. Fairly new house compared to others in the area and close to hospital, college and 5 mins from dominic st. I could easily get over €400 but yer man is sound and there's alot to be said for getting on with someone living in your house!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,403 ✭✭✭spiritcrusher

Living in Dominick St. €1200 per month between 4 of us.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,215 ✭✭✭galah

Salthill, 680 Euro/month for 2-bedroom house.

Probably the best/cheapest place around, and nice! Fantastic landlord, too! (and I hope he doesn't see this and increase the rent ;-))

• Registered Users Posts: 817 ✭✭✭dafunk

That does sound good.

850 - two bed en suite townhouse knocknacarra.

Maybe I'm getting ripped off? It was the only place I looked at (out of 10 places!) that wasn't damp.

I looked at an apartment on dock road that was so wet that the water squidged up the sides of my shoes when I walked through it. Slumlords.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,046 ✭✭✭Fracture

biko wrote: »
    Mill street, 2 double bedrooms, 1 bath. 900 total/month + bills.
    Great little flat.

The one above the specs shop? I live in the one on the first floor facing the road.

Im now liveing in the apartments across the road from the weigh inn, new apartment, its very very nice, 3 double bedrooms, 1 on suite, and one main bathroom. 1400 a month, expensive enough but its worth it.

• Registered Users Posts: 847 ✭✭✭Proxy

I'm planning on moving into Galway soon, was expecting it to be a lot more expensive. Was living in a 1 bed in Bohermore in 2005 with the GF at the time and was fairly dear, flat was was small and a little damp. No complaints about the area or landlord though, really sound.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,950 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

Augustine St, 850-euro pcm for 2 double brms, one of which has a skylight but no opening window. No parking though, and just a shower not a bath, and not ensuite.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 531 ✭✭✭D-A-V-E

can anyone tell me a price per month for an apartment in galway city, with 3 sharing? within a 15min walking distence of the city centre? for may to september..cheers

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭stevecrow74

D-A-V-E wrote: »
    can anyone tell me a price per month for an apartment in galway city, with 3 sharing? within a 15min walking distence of the city centre? for may to september..cheers

your talking anything from E800 - E1300 p/m

living on taylors hill
    semi detached house 3bedroom(if you can call the 3rd room a bed room, would like to see a bed fit in it)
    only 2 of us living here
    E850 p/m heating included

• Closed Accounts Posts: 531 ✭✭✭D-A-V-E

your talking anything from E800 - E1300 p/m

living on taylors hill
    semi detached house 3bedroom(if you can call the 3rd room a bed room, would like to see a bed fit in it)
    only 2 of us living here
    E850 p/m heating included

hmm, ok cheers!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,805 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

im living in a two bedroom apt on college road,its workin out at 900p/m,not too bad,bout a 5min walk to town

• Registered Users Posts: 1,155 ✭✭✭ErnieBert

Currently paying a mortgage equivalent to the GNP of a small country.

My mate is renting a two bedroom apartment in the Cornstore on Middle Street for €1200 per month without parking. Another is sharing a house just off Fr Griffen Road which is €1600 per month (there's five bedrooms, parking, big garden and it's a quick 10 minute skip to Busker Brownes). Landlord is great; he solves all problems within 24 hours and replaced stuff like microwave, locks etc as soon as they were broken.

As mentioned elsewhere, www.daft.ie is a good indication of rent prices.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,155 ✭✭✭ErnieBert

gufcfan wrote: »
    I was curious as to what kind of rent people are paying in the city these days.

Are you the same gufcfan that is on www.foot.ie ? If not, you have an imposter.

You should rent a place near Terryalnd Park :D

• Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭tonyhiggins

e420 dead in the middle of town on Bridge st, big enough room to set up small studio and drum kit, en suite. Bit of hassle because I've been working in Parkmore (quitting next week) but I take that for the convenience of being 30seconds from everywhere in the city centre...

• Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭gufcfan

Bass Cadet wrote: »
    I'm charging a lodger €360 a month for a double with ensuite in Shantalla. Fairly new house compared to others in the area and close to hospital, college and 5 mins from dominic st. I could easily get over €400 but yer man is sound and there's alot to be said for getting on with someone living in your house!

Well said.

Ive seen family members in great difficulty with troublesome housemates/landlords/tenants.

There is indeed a lot to be said for being able to get along with people.

On one occasion a family member of mine, who owns a flat for renting purposes about 25 miles outside the city, had a huge arguement with a tenant of over 10 years. Can't remember what rent he was charging, but i knew from my own experiences that it was a paltry amount for a flat as well maintained and modern, in an area which was not exactly overflowing with good quality accom or landlords. The tenant kicked up stink about the rent being put up by £20 a month (or some other small amount). In the end the tenant, being as tight as he was, gave an ultimatum, that he would leave if the rent was not left at its original figure. Believing (in his own head), that he was being hard done by, he moved out and into some very substandard accom, for dearer rent than he was paying in the first place.

He then proceeded to badmouth his old flat, saying it was a dump and badly maintained, etc.

Some people, I swear...

I'm sorry. I'll stay on topic from now on.

galah wrote: »
    Salthill, 680 Euro/month for 2-bedroom house.

Probably the best/cheapest place around, and nice! Fantastic landlord, too! (and I hope he doesn't see this and increase the rent ;-))

Ive caught you!!!

I want 800... haha

ErnieBert wrote: »
    You should rent a place near Terryalnd Park :D

What's so good about that place? Is it an estate?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,215 ✭✭✭galah

gufcfan wrote: »
    Ive caught you!!!

I want 800... haha

does that mean that with this increase I finally get the nice carpet I've been asking you for? ;-)

HaHa!

Advertisement