Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New UI

Options
  • 18-01-2008 8:31am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,276 ✭✭✭

Boards is great

Sometimes I feel its too big. Hard to find forums or whatever when you're bored.

A different interface for navigating the hundreds of forums would be great. The menu at the top doesnt seem to be the best way of doing it. The forum list is juts about impossible to use.

Thats all
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Have you got any suggestion on how to improve it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,914 ✭✭✭✭tbh

I'd like the ability to be able to customise the first page. It'd be great it you could create <keith duffy> a box </keith duffy> for each section you are interested in, and in each, you'd have the most recent threads from that category. Kind of like the iGoogle home page. You could also filter out the stuff you don't like, so I could have a box for rec, and filter out the poker stuff so I don't see it. You could also specify if you want to see all threads from rec in this box, or just the threads from AH. I think that'd be good. Is that the type of thing you mean, OP?

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

We agree actually, we've been meeting with a designer to have a redesign think.... (stop cowering the rest of you!)

Until then I suggest you find your favourite forums and subscribe to them! Then they will turn up in your subbed list and its a lot handier...

DeV.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,914 ✭✭✭✭tbh

what if we love them all equally DeV? What then????

• Registered Users Posts: 6,790 ✭✭✭cornbb

On the same note, could I suggest a new feature for enabling easier navigation? Sort of a subbed list which would display the last 20 (or so) threads that I have posted in. It would be handy for forum-hoppers like me, an easy way of following up on posts I've made which would be quite important enough to bother subscribing to.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,433 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Magnolia

Here's one Ecksor posted up that I use all the time:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/subbed.php?onlynew=yes

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

cornbb wrote: »
    On the same note, could I suggest a new feature for enabling easier navigation? Sort of a subbed list which would display the last 20 (or so) threads that I have posted in. It would be handy for forum-hoppers like me, an easy way of following up on posts I've made which would be quite important enough to bother subscribing to.
    if you look in your user CP you should see a list of threads you have recently posted in that have had answers since then. (you might have to turn on the option to subscribe to a thread when you have posted in it).

Works for me!

DeV.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

Yep. Set up auto subscribe in your control panel and every thread you post in will be listed there.

Remember there is a comprehensive list on filters on the left hand side of the front page where you can view new posts in specific categories, view just new threads that have been started, or view posts in forums you're subscribed to and so on.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,790 ✭✭✭cornbb

Sweet. That'll do nicely, thanks guys. Now I can waste time more efficiently than ever, muhahaha...

On the UI redesign, a while back someone suggested a spotlight-style search box that might help whiz things along. I think it would be a great idea...

• Registered Users Posts: 22,317 ✭✭✭✭Esel

OP, I see you have 3K+ posts. Hate to see how many you'd have if you found the site easy to use! :rolleyes:

Not your ornery onager

• Advertisement
Advertisement