Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Glenwood Road in Dublin?

Options
  • 18-01-2008 10:59am
    Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,614 CMod ✭✭✭✭

Ive to send a letter to an address in Dublin, glenwood road but I dont have the full address.

Is it raheny or edenmore or kilbarrack? Its not clear from google maps.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,125 ✭✭✭lightening

Colliers have themselves listed here as:

26 Glenwood Road, Raheny, Dublin 5 Phone (01) 847 8392.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,309 ✭✭✭markpb

Glenwood Road, D5 should do the trick, I'm sure An post know where it is. I recently received a letter from them telling me my postal address was <block>, <estate>, D17. No Coolock, no road name, just the post code was all they needed.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,578 ✭✭✭raheny red

It would be considered Edenmore, Raheny.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭Sizzler

raheny red wrote: »
    It would be considered Edenmore, Raheny.

Since when is Edenmore part of Raheny? Edenmore is what it is in its own right, its not a hanger on address to another district.

Cant say I have driven on Glenwood Road specifically but from the map it appears to be Edenmore without a doubt and if it was Raheny it would surely be covered by Raheny Garda and it isnt, its covered by Coolock.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,578 ✭✭✭raheny red

Sizzler wrote: »
    Since when is Edenmore part of Raheny? Edenmore is what it is in its own right, its not a hanger on address to another district.

Cant say I have driven on Glenwood Road specifically but from the map it appears to be Edenmore without a doubt and if it was Raheny it would surely be covered by Raheny Garda and it isnt, its covered by Coolock.

Both Raheny and Coolock Garda stations overlap into Edenmore, a venn diagram if you will :D. I live in Edenmore and I have to go to Raheny to get paperwork sorted in their station. The post office also recognises Edenmore as Raheny.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,125 ✭✭✭lightening

Poor faceman just wanted to send a letter, now there is a turf war!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭Sizzler

raheny red wrote: »
    Both Raheny and Coolock Garda stations overlap into Edenmore, a venn diagram if you will :D. I live in Edenmore and I have to go to Raheny to get paperwork sorted in their station. The post office also recognises Edenmore as Raheny.

Ah an edenmore resident :D Ah I've no doubts the fear an phoist will deliver either as it means fcuk all to them.

So its defo Edenmore then :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

its edenmore, just across from the shops, although the people living there would rather you called it cameron

• Registered Users Posts: 9,309 ✭✭✭markpb

I think you've all proven my point perfectly :) Road name followed by (the correct) post code is all you need, anything else is too subjective.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,614 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

Sounds like the postman could get mugged on his way to the gaff from reading things here! :D

• Advertisement
Advertisement