Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Cross fade in Itunes

• 18-01-2008 11:28am
    Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭

Happy Friday,

I've been asked to put together a playlist rather than dj at my cousin's engagement party ( the idea being that I'm actually at the party as opposed to behind laptop/decks all night) and I was thinking of putting toghether the playlist on itunes or on my mammy's ipod.

Itunes used to have a facility where you could set the playback so that the songs bleeded into one another, no gap between songs and a little overlap.

However, it seems to me this option is unavailable on the newer versions??? Anyone know how to do it?

If it's not possible to do so on newer versions, is it advisable to download an older version of itunes, or will that rock the boat? If it is ok to do that where can I download the older versions.

Also does ANYBODY, ANYBODY know of a program that actually does work with the new itunes versions to unlock itunes purchased music. I've tried jhymn and myfairtunes. Also does anyone know a program that will convert ogg and flac files to mp3 etc??? I've tried the free trial version of Switch, good on wma's but didn't work for flac and ogg even though it said on the specs that it would. Grrr.

Thanks lads

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,796 ✭✭✭sweetie

ye can do it with virtual dj and atomixmp3. not sure about itunes tho, sorry. :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Cianos

Not really itunes, but on the ipod itself you can do it by changing your whole interface to rockbox (which is a lot better imo). It gives you much more options on equalizer settings, file tree navigation, cross fade etc etc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

sian wrote: »
    If it's not possible to do so on newer versions, is it advisable to download an older version of itunes, or will that rock the boat? If it is ok to do that where can I download the older versions.
    itunes > preferences > playback

No?

Also does ANYBODY, ANYBODY know of a program that actually does work with the new itunes versions to unlock itunes purchased music. I've tried jhymn and myfairtunes. Also does anyone know a program that will convert ogg and flac files to mp3 etc??? I've tried the free trial version of Switch, good on wma's but didn't work for flac and ogg even though it said on the specs that it would. Grrr.
    CDDA Extractor does it afaik

or on my mammy's ipod
    Ah bless! ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭jimi_t

Also does anyone know a program that will convert ogg and flac files to mp3 etc??? I've tried the free trial version of Switch, good on wma's but didn't work for flac and ogg even though it said on the specs that it would. Grrr.

Drag into an open Audacity window. Select (Export as .mp3) from the (File) menu. Simple as.

(You might need to download the LAME mp3 Codec as well, it should be on the audacity site and its about half a meg.

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭sian

Hi lads, thanks for your replies. Yes BAzmo that's how i used to do it and how i tried doing it but oddly the setting seems to stick one minute and the next time you play the same tracks they spontaneously are no longer cross fading, which i don't get.

Have just downloaded cdda extractor so heres hoping. did you mean that it works for flac and ogg or did you mean it also works to unlock itunes purchased music.

Yes, my mammy lent me her ipod, god bless her. reckoned it might be handy to use for the night but in general i hate ipods with a writhing, seething anger. still tho, sound ma.

rockbox and atomix sound interesting. will be using virtual dj maybe it i can convert some stuff using cdda extractor so that virtual dj can read the files.

Big big thank you all and enjoy your weekend. Do contribute any other thoughts you might have if ya have them. xxx

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

Atomix mp3 is your best bet

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭sian

hi bazmo, you might not know anything about this but I paid for the professional version of cdda extractor but it hasn't installed/downloaded properly. It comes up in my list of programs from the start menu but when i click on the icons my computer starts looking for the .exe file and can't find it. it's not in my program files. Do you know how I download/install it again without having to pay again. I downloaded audacity with no problems

Also the fact that it states on the cdda website that you'll be able to use the software in minutes, and then after purchase you're told it could take between 4 and 24 hours is a bit underhand on their part i think. When I finally recieved a licsence key it wasn't RECOGNISED BY THE WEBSITE even tho i copied and pasted it. very, very far from 'PROFESSIONAL'. But thanks so much for that tip cos if it had worked it would have been great. dunno if you know what i did wrong????

Advertisement