Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sent something for repair - damaged in transit

Options
  • 18-01-2008 11:30am
    Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,109 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I sent a pen drive for repair back to 7dayshop as it wasn't reading. Popped it in a jiffy bag and sent it off. Received a snotty letter back a month letter with pen drive advising that the likely cause of the fault was the huge dent on the side of it. Lo and behold, it is now dented.

I've advised them that it was not dented on sending, and that to recoup the money from an post I would need photos etc to document it's condition on receipt, but they've binned the lot and are washing their hands of the matter.

Have I any comeback?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,975 ✭✭✭✭listermint

Its ****ty, not your faulty obviously but is it worth pursuing the cost of the flash drives now in so little pick one up online for next to nothing.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,471 ✭✭✭majiktripp

Unless it was a 16/32/64GB key , get over it and buy a new one, you could spend your time persuing the case with both An Post and 7DayShop but I doubt you'd get much satisfaction after it all.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Did you send it insured via An Post?

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,109 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

Thought I had but can't find receipt, so I guess it's a moot point anyway.

*shakes fist* Damn you 7dayshop!

Was going to melodramatically say I'll never shop there again, but as they've increased shipping costs it was unlikely anyway. :)

Funny update...
    To be honest with you we do not have time for games, therefore we have resent another for you today and banned you from using the site again, apologies but this is totally not 7dayshops fault. Regards
    Oh noooz! Me has been banned from 7dayshop! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,471 ✭✭✭majiktripp

Looks like its Win Win really :p

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,497 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

So how do they ban you?
    Your IP, name, address, credit card details, e-mail address......there ban would be easier to get around then a boards.ie site ban :)

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,109 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

I suppose they mean they won't take any further orders from me. *sniff*

Advertisement