Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bars in Cork

Options
  • 18-01-2008 11:44am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 255 ✭✭

having just moved to the city from the county, ive been enjoying spots like An Brog, Nancy's, the oval and the LV (before it closed clearly)

anyone got any suggestions?

and could ya let me know if they're 18+ or 21+

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,047 ✭✭✭bill_ashmount

My favorites are Costigans, Preachers, Hi-Bi, Raven, Mutton Lane

All are probably over 21 (Preachers maybe over 18)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,398 ✭✭✭randombar

• Registered Users Posts: 8,819 ✭✭✭rymus

dont mind that... www.munsterpubs.com is your only man :D

Oooooo the competition! :D

And besides that, yes Costigans is the cats pyjamas but get in early to get a seat!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,819 ✭✭✭rymus

it's not the competing that counts, its how many pints you can drink in the process :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

If the Franciscan got a late license I'd go there all the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭DaCorkGeezer

On weekdays, I love to go to the Corner House for a quiet one..Otherwise Fionnbarra's on Fridays :D

Lately I discoverered the Metropole hotel bar...they renovated it before Christmas, man this place is a blast from the 70's!! :D The style is so...well 70's, the wallpaper is terrible, but it's quaint and relaxing in a very odd way...That's for a VERY quiet one when the Corner House feels too far ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,945 ✭✭✭D-Generate

Where is the Corner House? Only one i know of is the one in Carrigaline.

D-Generate wrote: »
    Where is the Corner House? Only one i know of is the one in Carrigaline.

Coburg Street, next to the Sin-é, opposite City Limits :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,945 ✭✭✭D-Generate

Ah near the Abotts Ale House, the finest off licence in cork if you don't feel like a night boozing in a pub/bar.

• Advertisement

D-Generate wrote: »
    Ah near the Abotts Ale House, the finest off licence in cork if you don't feel like a night boozing in a pub/bar.

Yep, that's the one. (In the Abbott's Ale you can get chilli-flavoured beer with a real chilli in the bottle :D )

• Registered Users Posts: 4,716 ✭✭✭Balmed Out

im in agreement with all the other pubs mentioned and in a similar vein would recomend Tom Barrys(barrack street) and the bierhaus (popes quay). Oh and The Gateway, Preachers and The Hi B are worth an occasional visit too.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,367 ✭✭✭Agamemnon

I <3 the Hi B.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭Heisenberg.

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 48 AutumnDays

What about bars for the over 25's? If you want to get away from all the teenies. Any suggestions?

AutumnDays wrote: »
    What about bars for the over 25's? If you want to get away from all the teenies. Any suggestions?

I just ran a search for ya there for pubs over 30? Prob an all right age group!

http://www.ratemypub.ie/findres.php?countyid=6&pubname=&pubfact1=0&pubfact2=3&pubrateave=0

Hey hey rymus my idea!!! and it's not a new idea if someone else thought of it! (Thank god for email notifications!)

Advertisement