Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Dublin parking

Options
  • 18-01-2008 11:50am
    Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭

Hi folks, I have to drive to Dublin on Monday morning for work. Does anyone know what the story is with parking around the Merrion Square area?

Thanks!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 199 ✭✭daauneal

you can park at the royal college of surgens car park or stephens green car park and walk from there. its only about 3-5 minutes to merrion square from there.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,932 ✭✭✭✭listermint

There is plenty of on street parking around merrion square, you shouldnt have a problem getting a spot at all its handy. Pay and Display. I do work around the city and there is always plenty of spots in that area.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

Thanks lads :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭MuffinsDa

You shouldn't have problem finding off-street parking around merrion square, especially towards mount street.
    You may also park on Mount Street lower, opposite Holles Street hospital and all the way down to the canal. All a short walk from city centre.

HOWEVER, it's no necessarily cheaper. Depending on the zone it's around 2.50 per hour, and you can buy for more than 3 hours. So you might be better of parking in a car park. I recommend drury street car park, a lot easier to get in and out of, and good price.

I don't really mind what it costs cos it won't be coming out of my pocket. My destination is actually the Radisson SAS on Golden Lane, which I'm told is just off Merrion Square. Apparently the hotel itself has only a small number of parking spaces.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,944 ✭✭✭pete4130

It's about a 20 minute walk from Merrion Square, not right beside it. Golden Lane is balmost next St. Patricks Cathedral. There is the Christchurch multi storey car park on Weburgh St. (where Leo Burdocks chipper is) and thats a 30 second walk from Golden Lane. there is some on street parking around Golden Lane/Ship Street area directly outside the hotel, pay and display obviously.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭kluivert

Is there free parking behind the Bank of Ireland on Baggot St, or is that just a Saturday that the Pay and Display doesnt operate there. I use to go to College there on Lad Lane and would park behind the Bank of IReland on Saturdays.

Plenty of Parking around Merrion Sq, get there early.

Used the port tunnel last Saturday, just thought I would try it out, defo worth 3e when coming from the north of the country.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,120 ✭✭✭shrapnel222

drury street car park would be the closest- less than 5 minute walk to the radison

Thanks again!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 423 ✭✭littlejukka

francis street would always have spaces. 2 minutes to the hotel.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,289 ✭✭✭✭Esel

francis street would always have spaces. 2 minutes to the hotel.
    :eek: Would the car be in one piece when he got back?

Not your ornery onager

• Closed Accounts Posts: 423 ✭✭littlejukka

esel wrote: »
    :eek: Would the car be in one piece when he got back?

yes. any more stupid questions?

• Registered Users Posts: 22,289 ✭✭✭✭Esel

Stowwry, Bud ....... nice cah like......eeeehhhhhhhhh have yeh goh two ewros forra hostel? :D

Keep taking the chill pills mate.

Not your ornery onager

Advertisement