Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Wireless Keyboard Recommed - Ubuntu

• 18-01-2008 12:18pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,798 ✭✭✭

Hi There,
    I'm looking to buy a wireless keyboard / Mouse that is compatible with Ubuntu (Gutsy Gibbon). The one i have at the moment is only a cheapy one purchased from Dixons and not worth a ****e. The mouse is constantly stalling and proving to be very annoying. Now the keyboard has decided to pack in so obviuosly won't be going for that model again.

Ta,
    Syngin

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 828 ✭✭✭dingdong1234567

Don'y have any specific models but i know Logitech do some good keyboard and mouse packages. I think you can order of the logitech web site. Or Ebay.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,798 ✭✭✭syngindub

i presume logitech are supporting Linux then with drivers etc ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 828 ✭✭✭dingdong1234567

Not sure, check the website for drivers i guess.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 107 ✭✭buildabong

I have a Labtec wireless keyboard + mouse (PS/2) I bought from Tesco (22 euro), works perfectly on Gutsy Gibbon (crappy range though). Doesn't need any drivers just works. Before that a had a Mikomi (USB) from Argos (Amazing range - even from a different room) worked on Ubuntu too but it stopped working (crappy parts or something), took it back/got a new one and same problem, got a refund and bought the Labtec one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 107 ✭✭buildabong

PLUS: The multimedia buttons work too, I'm guessing most wireless keyboards will work with Ubuntu.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,798 ✭✭✭syngindub

buildabong wrote: »
    PLUS: The multimedia buttons work too, I'm guessing most wireless keyboards will work with Ubuntu.

It seems to look that way. I think the protocol for getting these devices working is pretty simple using either windows or linux. Not sure why any of the products don't mention the fact they support Linux though. I know there afraid of supporting and everything like that but at least they should say it works out of the box without drivers and leave the rest to the end user.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,630 ✭✭✭Oracle

There's a package called KeyTouch you can easily install in Ubuntu. (Available under Add/Remove Applications) It helps to configure multimedia and hot keys on keyboards.

Advertisement