Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hackersafe Logo

Options
  • 18-01-2008 12:26pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 68 ✭✭

Apologies if this is in the wrong place. Does or has anyone used the Hackersafe seal to allegedly gain higher ranking and increase in sales, as they claim. Have been toying with the idea of trying this, but have yet to find an Irish company who uses it, to get some unbiased feedback. Seems to be mainly Stateside with a few UK retailers starting to use it. Anyone any thoughts? Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 448 ✭✭ve

These seals of certification or standards are used to improve buyer confidence when conducting e-Business. Personally I much prefer to see this sort of thing on a e-Business site that I make purchases from. I strongly believe that regular audits of web sites in accordance with security standards will become a must for all e-Businesses in the not so distant future. Now it has scope for abuse like everything else, but none of us these days would even consider transmitting sensitive data over an unsecure connection to an online shop.

Security tends to be an afterthought with a lot of people, and only brought on board after some attack has successfully occured. The fact of the matter is that it is a concern, and whether or not we as individuals believe this to be true, more and more potential customers most definately will. Granted there can be a lot of misconceptions and generated media hype which renders people paranoid. If you are an e-Business owner, I believe if your customers are paranoid (for legitimate reasons, or not), it doesn't matter, they are the ones who decide whether you are secure or not, not you!.

So if a seal of approval is going to be the deciding factor between you or a compeditor, then so be it.

That's my 2c ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,974 ✭✭✭mick.fr

Hackers safe logo is very expensive. Top of my head, basic one was 2000 USD.
    You really got to make money out of your website to cover this cost.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 68 ✭✭norm

Price i have been quoted is $999 per year fixed, and i'm led to believe that you can haggle with this company.

Advertisement