Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shipping to USA

Options
  • 18-01-2008 12:35pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭

Just wondering if anyone else is having problems shipping stuff to the USA lately.

I posted a package containing a 1250Euro laptop via an post, courier post 2 day "guaranteed".Its now 10 days later and the item has yet to arrive.

When i track online via an post t says that the package left london heathrow 9 days ago and when i track using usps it simply says:

Has anyone else experienced this situation? How did it end up?

An post customer service has been useless. I called them 3 times and each time they said that they would call me back and never did once... Can i get a refund on my postage seeing as they have failed to deliver?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,038 ✭✭✭penexpers

Yeah there's huge problems shipping to the US at the moment. I sent a package and it got stuck in Heathrow for about 10 days. From the info above, according to USPS it hasn't left Heathrow yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,471 ✭✭✭majiktripp

I wouldn't be worried about getting a refund on the postage, I'd concentrate on ensuring you or the intend party get the laptop.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭Orange69

There isn't much that i can do to get the laptop to the intended party right now, its in the hands of the postal service. I have called an post x3 and emailed usps x2 and still i have heard nothing. The guy waiting for the package also called usps but got the usual run around.

My only hope seems to be the 350 Euro insurance from an post and then a refund on my postage which would leave me at a loss of @800 Euro.. I cant believe that an post are allowed to claim "2 day guaranteed delivery" when they cant even get it there in 2 weeks!

This is all very depressing... The package is a new laptop that i bought on ebay. The seller sent me the wrong system so i had to send it back and then this happened!

Thanks for the replies!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,584 ✭✭✭TouchingVirus

Orange69 wrote: »
    There isn't much that i can do to get the laptop to the intended party right now, its in the hands of the postal service. I have called an post x3 and emailed usps x2 and still i have heard nothing. The guy waiting for the package also called usps but got the usual run around.

My only hope seems to be the 350 Euro insurance from an post and then a refund on my postage which would leave me at a loss of @800 Euro.. I cant believe that an post are allowed to claim "2 day guaranteed delivery" when they cant even get it there in 2 weeks!

This is all very depressing... The package is a new laptop that i bought on ebay. The seller sent me the wrong system so i had to send it back and then this happened!

Thanks for the replies!

When you declared the value on the customs sticker were you not told the maximum you'd be covered for was €350? I know I was when I shipped something worth €500 to the UK. They offer extra insurance to cover up to €2000 but I think that's only for within Ireland

When you declared the value on the customs sticker were you not told the maximum you'd be covered for was €350? I know I was when I shipped something worth €500 to the UK. They offer extra insurance to cover up to €2000 but I think that's only for within Ireland

The guy in the post office told me that the max insurance cover was 350 Euro.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,584 ✭✭✭TouchingVirus

Orange69 wrote: »
    The guy in the post office told me that the max insurance cover was 350 Euro.

Yeah, it appears he was right, the €2000 is only for items with a destination within Ireland. Looks like if it doesn't arrive you'll be out of pocket. I know hindsight is 20/20 but when posting something of that value always make sure you're fully covered - posting/courier services are always open to unreliability :)

Just an update on this in case anyone is having a similar issue..

My package miraculously re-appeared at JFK airport NY, exactly 10 days after it left London. I didn't get any explanation of what happened..

Its apparently in Chicago at the moment and should be delivered today or tomorrow..

So i guess the morals of the story are to beware of temporal anomalies between London and NY and never give up on a package that is delayed!

Advertisement