Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Shield - Will we ever see it again?

• 18-01-2008 1:10pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭

So TV3 are now 5 months overdue for Season 6 of the Shield. There doesn't seem to be any sign of it in the foreseeable future as they keep throwing z-list celebrity sh1t in to the slot where the Shield should be. Does anybody if any other channel has picked up the rights for it? Surely this class of show cannot be gone??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17 JohnMcMahon

For all their faults, I've always found TV3 to be great at responding to e-mail enquiries, so I dropped them a line and....
    I can confirm that we have acquired the rights to the new season of The Shield. It will be on our screens later this year in an as yet unscheduled timeslot, however it will be advertised closer to the time.

It's due out on DVD here on the 28th.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,478 ✭✭✭chalkitdown1

Maybe they'll be airing season 6 & 7 together for a 23 episode run? Maybe that's why they're waiting. I think it's back in the States in March or April. Can't believe it's gonna be the last season.:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 142 ✭✭mackey087

i heard season 6 is back on in ireland march 26 but have been unable to find it anywhere. season 7 is meant to start in september in the u.s.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

If it is on the 26th then TV3 must have renamed it. Their treatment of this fantastic show is terrible.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭DarkJager

Totally agreed Mossy. They stop it mid season every year to show that z-list celebrity bullsh1t that only children could have any interest in, and now its been nearly 9 months and there is still no sign of it coming back!! If TV3 can't be bothered, then I wish they'd just give the rights to someone else who won't make such a fcuk up of it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 270 ✭✭Full_Circle

DarkJager wrote: »
    Totally agreed Mossy. They stop it mid season every year to show that z-list celebrity bullsh1t that only children could have any interest in, and now its been nearly 9 months and there is still no sign of it coming back!! If TV3 can't be bothered, then I wish they'd just give the rights to someone else who won't make such a fcuk up of it.

Completely agree. And if I recall correctly, TV3 also edited the final episode of the last season so it would fit into an hour, when it was actually suppsed to be an 90 minute ep! I do believe they completely eliminated Dannys part in that ep!! :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 316 ✭✭RastaRed

Completely agree. And if I recall correctly, TV3 also edited the final episode of the last season so it would fit into an hour, when it was actually suppsed to be an 90 minute ep! I do believe they completely eliminated Dannys part in that ep!! :mad:

Please tell me this is not true, I fcuking hate TV3

• Closed Accounts Posts: 270 ✭✭Full_Circle

RastaRed wrote: »
    Please tell me this is not true, I fcuking hate TV3

Maybe someone who watched the show on DVD or saw it directly from the States could verify this. But I a read a summary of the ep after watching it and it mentioned that
    Danny had her baby
    which I REALLY dont remember seeing the night it was on TV3.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,905 ✭✭✭User45701

Im boared waiting for season 7 is season 6 not on DVD already?
    Anyway season 7 is due out very soon if i recall today? or one day next week maybe wendesday? i know its due out before BSG next friday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭Fozzie Bear

User45701 wrote: »
    Im boared waiting for season 7 is season 6 not on DVD already?
    Anyway season 7 is due out very soon if i recall today? or one day next week maybe wendesday? i know its due out before BSG next friday.

Yup season 6 is out on DVD, i got it in Xtravision last weekend. Plan to spend the weekend watching it........

A warning too if any of you look it up on Wikipedia there are some serious spoilers on it so be careful reading!!!!!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

I never bothered watching it on TV here. I just bought all the series on DVD as they became available. Watching each series in 1 sitting is just great. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

amen to that Stekelly! Such an amazing show.

Waiting to acquire season 7 now.... should keep me busy for 1/possibly 2 days!

To all those who are sick of waiting for TV3 , you can now get Season 6 in XtraVision for 40 quid. Picked it up Friday night and finished it yesterday, all I can say is it was well worth the wait. Definitely one of the best seasons so far....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

I picked up S6 in Xzvvi for about 40 notes too. Had seen it last year when it first aired and I'm up to S3 now on the re-watch, going to get through the whole lot in one continuous watch over the coming weeks.

Was hoping to run that right into the final season, but I don't know when that's actually airing State-side now. Talk on tv.com seems to be that it's at least delayed till Sept, and some suggestions have been made that it won't air till 2009! Bastids.

Which means we'll be waiting about another 2 years for season 7 over here :(:(:(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,905 ✭✭✭User45701

a mate of mine ha a skybox thing i odnt have one myself but i know shield airs bewfore the us on a french station and last year french station finished airing season 6 before the US for 4 episodes into the season. I was also told you can get 3 or 4 french stations on skybox. Maybe season 7 will be on one of them

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

It wont be shown on any french language channels available through Sky. Those channels are not domestic French channels.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 316 ✭✭RastaRed

Maybe someone who watched the show on DVD or saw it directly from the States could verify this. But I a read a summary of the ep after watching it and it mentioned that
    Danny had her baby

Dont remember seeing that scene either on TV3, mind you its been that bloody long

I tried our local x tra vision and they only had 1 copy of season 6 for sale. The way I grabbed it off the shelf they thought I was going to do a runner. This weekend nothing will be done around the house.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

fantastic show, got my hands on season 1 and its just amazing, im so engrossed...scowering ebay for a cheap priced season 2, cant wait

excellent show

• Advertisement

Sendit has season 2 for £10.89 (less than 14 euro) and season 3 for £15.89 (less than 20 euro). Better than eBay as a lot of the DVDs on there are knockoff crap.

fantastic show, got my hands on season 1 and its just amazing, im so engrossed...scowering ebay for a cheap priced season 2, cant wait

excellent show

Yeah it seems that the first season always has the power to convert new fans to the series!!! :D Hope you enjoy it as much as the rest of us, it really is one of the best programmes ever shown on TV.

your in for a treat. the show grabs you by the b#lls and you enjoy it. happy viewing

• Registered Users Posts: 756 ✭✭✭liger

The way season six was out so quick and only 12 episodes long had me wondering if it was cut short due to the writers strike in america.

I certainly didnt think it finished with a real cliffhanger like season 1-5.

yeah i thought the same. i got season 6 box set from xtra vision and there was only 10 episodes. special features on season 5 showed a daytime clip of vic,ronnie and shane at the grave but this was not on season 6. what the hell? i think ronnie is going to have a good part in season 7.

Season 6 was filmed and aired long before the writers strike. All seasons have only had 13 episodes, this one had 10, a few less but not that strange. Originally season 6 was supposed to be the last, but Shawn Ryan decided to add another one, which could have been part of the reason why it was shorter.

Danny had her baby

I've just finished watching episode 11 of season 5 now on DVD, and even though it's written on the insert that
    Danny confronts the father of her baby
    , this was not in the episode. I thought I remembered that from the original airing in the US though. This episode was 47 minutes on DVD, but I do think it was longer before. Must dig out my old tape and check the original airing.

Advertisement