Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Drastic Haircolour Change

• 18-01-2008 1:34pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 188 ✭✭

Hi,

I've decided that tomorrow I want to get my hair died reddy/blonde.. it's died dark red at the minute. Apparently this will involve 'stripping' and 'toning' (?) and such other hairdresser type techniques. SO, I want to go somewhere good in the city center. I don't mind spending a few bob if it means I'm guaranteed not to come out with green hair:eek:

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 430 ✭✭microgirl

Can't give a personal recommendation, but House of Colour in various locations in the city centre (Dublin) have won multiple hair awards. They're pricey, but probably worth it.

However, it's extremely unlikely you'll get an appointment at this stage for tomorrow. In fact, I'd say chances of getting an appointment anywhere decent for tomorrow are slim - it's Saturday afternoon, what on earth are you thinking?! ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 188 ✭✭onechewy

Positive Thinking! Believe I'll get an appointment... and I will...

Off to ring house of colour now... I just checked out their site and your right they've won loads of stuff.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 473 ✭✭corkstudent

onechewy wrote: »
    Hi,

I've decided that tomorrow I want to get my hair died reddy/blonde.. it's died dark red at the minute. Apparently this will involve 'stripping' and 'toning' (?) and such other hairdresser type techniques. SO, I want to go somewhere good in the city center. I don't mind spending a few bob if it means I'm guaranteed not to come out with green hair:eek:

Thanks!

Just bleach it I'd say. The red already in your hair will make it come out a reddish blonde. Maybe let it fade a little bit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,500 ✭✭✭RosieJoe

Just bleach it I'd say. The red already in your hair will make it come out a reddish blonde. Maybe let it fade a little bit.

Thank christ you are not a hairdresser, and if you are... Quit before you do some damage! :eek:

RosieJoe wrote: »
    Thank christ you are not a hairdresser, and if you are... Quit before you do some damage! :eek:

What, are you one of those nincompoops that thinking bleaching is the most horrible thing to do? Obsessed with making their boring crap-brown hair look unnaturally shiny? You can't get it blonde without bleaching. Bleaching dyed red hair, if it's let to fade a bit, tends to get it a red/orangey blonde. Ideally you should order some Colorfix online. Hairdressers don't use it, but it strips permanent dye without damaging your hair.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭Bendihorse

EEk drastic colour changes such as the above RUIN your hair... Maybe die it your natural colour, get some highlights, let the old perm colour grow out then start lightening it, i know its a long process but if you go throught with what you propose, be prepaired to face the possibility of having to crop it all off in the future to get it back any way healthy...

Bendihorse wrote: »
    EEk drastic colour changes such as the above RUIN your hair... Maybe die it your natural colour, get some highlights, let the old perm colour grow out then start lightening it, i know its a long process but if you go throught with what you propose, be prepaired to face the possibility of having to crop it all off in the future to get it back any way healthy...

They only "ruin" your hair if you do it wrong. I'm tired of people going around with "Natural" colour, it looks boring as hell. Bleached hair will never be as naturally shiny as unbleached hair, but if it looks better, does it really matter that much? What's the point in having "Healthy" hair if it looks boring as hell? It's not your Liver FFS... it's purely aesthetic. You'd be amazed how many good looking blondes bleached it from dark brown or even black. Not to mention some people kind of like the "punky" blonde look.

Double post.

Advertisement