Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Messenger - Whats a good workplace one?

• 18-01-2008 1:36pm
    Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,763 Mod ✭✭✭✭

The company I work in have many users who use various different types of messenger software, such as Yahoo, MSN and Exodus. Some are internal,
    others are external.. Now this is all for business use, well most of it, needless to say some use it for their mates too.. :rolleyes:

Can anyone recommend a good one, free or otherwise which can support multiple add ins for the various different types out there?

Ive tried Trillian and various others, but they are just too unreliable and need something steady.

Any recommendations out there guys?

Tox

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 816 ✭✭✭Cryos

Couple of things, depending on your company you may be required to keep records of such conversations (i know we have to in hp).

Trillian really is your only proper one out there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

Pidgin looks pretty real to me...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

Blitz wrote: »
    Couple of things, depending on your company you may be required to keep records of such conversations (i know we have to in hp).

Trillian really is your only proper one out there.
    You wouldn't consider Pidgin (formerly GAIM)?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 664 ✭✭✭Galen

If your company doesn't allow software installations use this website www.meebo.com it supports multiple protocols including msn messenger, yahoo and so on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,949 ✭✭✭SouperComputer

What about Office communicator. Especially if you allready have a AD/Exchange rollout its a sinch to setup..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,699 ✭✭✭allybhoy

Yeh we use communicator in here and its great. Easy to use,reliable and small and easy installation. Its also very easy to setup an external link (like outlook web access) and is compatible with most PDA's and phones.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

zAbbo wrote: »
    Pidgin looks pretty real to me...
    You wouldn't consider Pidgin (formerly GAIM)?

That's the one I use at work.

Advertisement