Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Ze Premiership Weekend Thread.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,909 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

3-0 Arsenal. Soooooo easy. Great football all game

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,928 ✭✭✭dubmick

^ I used to love watching the footie with a few gargles in me when I was in Australia

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

This game really could have went either way. United could have won 3-0, Reading could have done the same. I must say, you gotta respect Reading for the way they came at us today. I wish other teams would see that if you attack the big teams, you do get chances and you can win.

dubmick wrote: »
    ^ I used to love watching the footie with a few gargles in me when I was in Australia

Indeedy. Can't beat it. F*cks up my sleep pattern, especially with City not kickin off til 1am tomorrow and then havin to get up for work at 6!

Viper finishes it off, thank the **** god

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,707 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

PHB wrote: »
    Viper finishes it off, thank the **** god

Who is Viper? What are you talking about?

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

haha Viper, how gay a nickname is that?

haha Viper, how gay a nickname is that?

As gay as the ad it features in

It's certainly well up there in the ranks of lameness, along with calling van Persie 'the Cobra'...

• Advertisement

Ronaldo has 17 league goals now. Unreal.

It's certainly well up there in the ranks of lameness, along with calling van Persie 'the Cobra'...

Ronny - Viper
    Van Persie - Cobra

Maybe it's all to do with the size of their schlongs as mentioned in those rape allegations?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,711 ✭✭✭kaisersose77

that nickname is really going to take off....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

God I hope not.

Mike.

Nicknames don't really exist in England for some reason, probably because ultimately they are all lame. Nonetheless, I think it'd be quite an achievement to get this nickname going :)

Does anybody else reallly hope that Bolton win this game 1-0 with a horrible long ball goal and tough defending. I think it'd be hilarious :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,247 ✭✭✭ROCKMAN

If it pisses off other teams fans , I am all for it :D

• Advertisement

So an olive branch from Keegan as he gives Owen the captaincy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

Lots of chances squandered today TBH... Dunno what Rooney was at.

Carrick played well again.

Xavi6 wrote: »
    So an olive branch from Keegan as he gives Owen the captaincy

Who did he replace as captain Smith?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

"jesus didnt comeback twice" banner at newcastle game.

I would love it if bolton won love it tbh,ahh never gets old.

kdjac

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,677 ✭✭✭Chong

Let the fun and games at Newcastle begin.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭Unearthly

Newcastle haven't attacked yet

FFS SACK THE MANAGER NOT GOOD ENOUGH!

:eek: Even Carr looks slightly interested! Keegan IS the messiah

So this is a bore fest. I think my paint's nearly dry.....

This is awful, but when i turn it off to watch la liga at 7 goals will fly in so go asleep for a while and wake up for the last 15, 3 weeks in a row now goals ave been scored in the last 15 of th late match.

kdjac

Fox commentator - "So Keegan's a bit more grey since he was last here. Is that down to the pressures of top tier management?"

Pundit - "Eh no, that's just what happens when you get older"

Highlight of the game so far.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

The fivelive team are struggling to maintain interest. Chris Waddle noting some groans among the faithfull

Mike.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

mike65 wrote: »
    The fivelive team are struggling to maintain interest. Chris Waddle noting some groans among the faithfull

Mike.

Huh? The Best Fans in the Worldtm are moaning already?

Keegan to resign at 90 mins citing pressures of the job so.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,103 ✭✭✭estebancambias

Doyle and Hunt especailly were very bad today.

I'm enjoying this match. Its interesting in a boring sort of way.

stuff happening now, nearly a shot on target after 4 crosses in succesion.

kdjac

Can Duff not go by players anymore?

• Advertisement

Duff is duff.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,167 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

Pfff 2 dropped home points and a boring as f*ck match. Time for Keegan to move on...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

Helix wrote: »
    Newcastle v Bolton, 17:15 9-9 Draw

near enough

For **** sake will RTE take away LuaLua from the intro.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,529 ✭✭✭Im_No_Superman

For **** sake will RTE take away LuaLua from the intro.
    That reminds me is the Lua Lua that came on for Newcastle today related to the former Newcastle and Pompy lad?

I'm sure its his brother.

I'm sure its his brother.
    Cheers.

Is it not his nephew?

Lomana Lua Lua:

''started to play football at the age of 16''

I guess I can still be a footballer.

Just checked it now, and yeah its his brother.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

so, poor performance, no real attacking chances, great save by shay given at the end to deny bolton a winner, fans leaving early......hmmmm......could it be time for keegan to move on? he has been given plenty of time in fairness and this ugly football isnt what the best fans in the world deserve is it? ;)

Is it not his nephew?
    Just did a quick look on Wikipedia -
    His brother, Kazenga LuaLua, is also a professional footballer and currently plays for his brother's former club, Newcastle United.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lomana_LuaLua#Newcastle_United

Looks like Abedayour and Ronaldo are gona battle it out for top scorer this season.
    Ronaldo has 23 goals in 27 games so far this season, but an even scarier statistic is that in the last 22 games he has 23 goals. That is above a goal a game! Unreal.

Not only that, but he's equalied his tally in the league last year already!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,563 ✭✭✭kinaldo

PHB wrote: »
    Looks like Abedayour and Ronaldo are gona battle it out for top scorer this season.
    Ronaldo has 23 goals in 27 games so far this season, but an even scarier statistic is that in the last 22 games he has 23 goals. That is above a goal a game! Unreal.

Not only that, but he's equalied his tally in the league last year already!
    Soon he might even earn the nickname 'the Phenomenon' that his namesake got at Barca.

Ronaldo was fairly average today but he still managed to get an 8/10 and motm from skysports.com. Do they even watch these games?

Ronaldo was fairly average today but he still managed to get an 8/10 and motm from skysports.com. Do they even watch these games?
    Thats madness, thought Ronaldo did ok today but not 8/10. MOTM would be Tevez or Vidic, with Vidic just shading it imo.

• Advertisement

ronaldo was not average today, ok maybe he was average by his own exceptionally high standards, but he was far from average.... i really wish people wouldnt expect him to destroy teams single handedly every week, jesus.. he played well, he got kicked alot and was well marked but he still managed to pose a good attacking threat, he didnt score 2+ goals, wow,:rolleyes: it doesnt mean he was average...

ps, tevez got the official man of the match award

He did nothing special. He was average, not sh*t, just average (but scored again). I'm not having a go at Ronaldo just for the sake of it.

Sky sports do it all the time though. They give Fabregas 8's all the time when he's played fairly ****

i know and i dont pay much attention to sky sports but ronaldo was actually playing well today, id have him as playing well but not playing fantanstic, everybody can have their opinion of course and im not saying yours isnt valid i just get tired of reading that he played average and he played ****e when he hasnt!! not just on this forum and i aplologise if it came across like i was having a pop at you in particiular, it wasnt directed at you really, i didnt quote you for that reaosn! lol

Well it's all about what average is? Was he better than any other winger on the pitch? Yes. Was he anywhere near his normal levels? Nope.

Tevez was much better, defo MOM. Sky are always idiots :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

kryogen wrote: »
    ronaldo was not average today, ok maybe he was average by his own exceptionally high standards, but he was far from average.... i really wish people wouldnt expect him to destroy teams single handedly every week, jesus.. he played well, he got kicked alot and was well marked but he still managed to pose a good attacking threat, he didnt score 2+ goals, wow,:rolleyes: it doesnt mean he was average...

ps, tevez got the official man of the match award

He was poor, the shots he didnt sky he hit players with. He onl;y ended up scorign because th ewhoel readin team were in the Utd box. He was also at his diving again. The one in the 1st half out near the touchline where he just dropped to his knees, dotn know ho he got a free for that, no contact at all. He was one fo the poorer players today and tbh I expected him to do a bit of trackign back seeign as he wasnt doing well but he lost the ball a few times and just stood there with his hands on his hips while other players were busting a gut and running past him to get back.

HE gets a lot of stick at times, but some of you need to realise he does play badly at times. Today was one of those times. Tevez was very good today.

Was convinced there was an og goign to happen in the first half when Hannanman looked very shakey for about 4 Utd attacks after Reading nearly scored an og.

The difference in level between the top teams and mid-lower table was very evident today, a top team would have scored against Utd but Reading werent capable, wasting lots of chances.

• Advertisement
Advertisement