Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Ze Premiership Weekend Thread.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,951 ✭✭✭DSB

Jesus Christ, people really would take any opportunity to criticise Ronaldo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

DSB wrote: »

Yeah , sorry my appologies, he made george best look like he was a sunday league player today, he was just that good, everything he touched turned to gold. .:rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,711 ✭✭✭kaisersose77

Ronaldo is not perfect, I support Utd but it seems like some ppl think he's pele and can do no wrong. And when he doesnt have a great game, its the usual sure there was 99 players marking him etc etc

He's doing great this season but he's going to have his average/bad days.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭Unearthly

Ronaldo is not perfect, I support Utd but it seems like some ppl think he's pele and can do no wrong. And when he doesnt have a great game, its the usual sure there was 99 players marking him etc etc

He's doing great this season but he's going to have his average/bad days.

Pele used to have bad games :confused:

nope pele never had a bad game ever, even in that film escape to victory

Stekelly wrote: »
    Yeah , sorry my appologies, he made george best look like he was a sunday league player today, he was just that good, everything he touched turned to gold. .:rolleyes:

Even on 1 of his worse games, he has come out with a goal, if Ryan Babel, Malouda or Hleb do the same they certainly don't come out of it being criticised.

the more some ppl making him out to be the best player in the world (and im not saying he's not), then the more other ppl will criticise him for not having a brilliant game

the more some ppl making him out to be the best player in the world (and im not saying he's not), then the more other ppl will criticise him for not having a brilliant game

But nobody was criticising him, just pointing out that he didnt have a good game. It's not like there were rakes of posts with "OMG, Ronaldo is **** , sell him". A couple of people just cant accept that he's fallible.

Your not allowed to do that anymore it seems

stay away from the United thread then, its annoying at this stage the way people go on about him and go mad if you talk bad about him

But nobody was criticising him, just pointing out that he didnt have a good game. It's not like there were rakes of posts with "OMG, Ronaldo is **** , sell him". A couple of people just cant accept that he's fallible.

I don't think anyone on here thinks Ronaldo is perfect or anything. Its just really petty that because he is so good everyone feels the need to pick up on any blip in his game.

• Advertisement

I don't think anyone on here thinks Ronaldo is perfect or anything. Its just really petty that because he is so good everyone feels the need to pick up on any blip in his game.

He had a poor game, jesus your the one turning the fact that people are pointing that out into a major international incident.

Every match thread has the same thing where people point out who had bad games and who had good games. Yet you've decided that the world is anti Ronaldo because he's been treated the same as everyone else.

so he cant have a bad game? and if he does, nobody can mention it?

If Ronaldo was crap for 89 mins and scored a goal in the 90th min, does that make up for having a bad game (im not talking about today, just an example)

I think a propaganda mod should be appointed to delete any negative posts about Ronaldo

He had a poor game, jesus your the one turning the fact that people are pointing that out into a major international incident.

Every match thread has the same thing where people point out who had bad games and who had good games. Yet you've decided that the world is anti Ronaldo because he's been treated the same as everyone else.
    so he cant have a bad game? and if he does, nobody can mention it?

If Ronaldo was crap for 89 mins and scored a goal in the 90th min, does that make up for having a bad game (im not talking about today, just an example)

I think a propaganda mod should be appointed to delete any negative posts about Ronaldo

Haha clearly I'm not referring to this alone. There just tends to be a trend where people have to say 'Oh Ronaldo is class BUT' whereas far inferior players can get away with just 'Agger is class' or 'Clichy is class'. I've nothing against people having an opinion on anything it just seems that theres a general need among people to take a dig at Ronaldo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,529 ✭✭✭Im_No_Superman

Sweet Jesus, Sunderlands defending for Spurs first goal was just unbelieveably bad. Why didnt Nosworthy or McShane just put the ball in touch, the mind boogles! :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,604 ✭✭✭herbieflowers

Probably because he's the best player in the league, or at least one of the most important players in the league

Probably because he's the best player in the league, or at least one of the most important players in the league

I think theres more to it than that. Fabregas doesn't get the same.

True but there's nothing as smarmy about Fabregas,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,909 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Haha clearly I'm not referring to this alone. There just tends to be a trend where people have to say 'Oh Ronaldo is class BUT' whereas far inferior players can get away with just 'Agger is class' or 'Clichy is class'. I've nothing against people having an opinion on anything it just seems that theres a general need among people to take a dig at Ronaldo.

Am I missing something here? Who had a dig? All that was said was that he was average. How is that a dig?

If O'Shea, Fletcher etc had an average game they'd be slated and called sh*te. Ronaldo plays average and it becomes the unmentionable. Ridiculous.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

no ones allowed slag "the viper"! He is perfection personified.

i feel ill after saying that :(

ps, that nickname is ****e, and the Anderson one? hilarious.

• Advertisement

I know it's hilarious alright...I'm not sure if they're being serious or not though, there's a thin line between the two especially on an internet forum!

I know it's hilarious alright...I'm not sure if they're being serious or not though, there's a thin line between the two especially on an internet forum!

Oh they're being serious alright. It's always sunny around Ronaldo's arse

Xavi6 wrote: »
    Am I missing something here? Who had a dig? All that was said was that he was average. How is that a dig?

If O'Shea, Fletcher etc had an average game they'd be slated and called sh*te. Ronaldo plays average and it becomes the unmentionable. Ridiculous.

As I said I'm not referring to this thread alone. It's not that Ronaldo is beyond criticism. It's more a case of how can the best player in the league also be pretty much the most criticised player on this forum? It doesn't make much sense.

As I said I'm not referring to this thread alone. It's not that Ronaldo is beyond criticism. It's more a case of how can the best player in the league also be pretty much the most criticised player on this forum? It doesn't make much sense.

Simple. Because he dives and tries to cheat. If he didn't do that people couldn't complain. That in itself leaves you open for criticism.

because when people go round ****ting about how good he is and totally ignore the negative aspects to his game, other people like to point out his faults. human nature. gerrard/drogba get the same treatment.

Simple. Because he dives and tries to cheat. If he didn't do that people couldn't complain. That in itself leaves you open for criticism.

and before anyone jumps on this for examples, he did it today.

Mr Alan wrote: »
    . gerrard/drogba get the same treatment.

No no , only Ronaldo. The only time Gerrard ever gets mentioned is for us and oppostion fans to say what a jolly good game he had.

• Advertisement

Alot of players do. I could pick almost any club, and there'd be someone who you could call a diver. And lets not get into quantities of dives because its been way overdone.

Alot of players do. I could pick almost any club, and there'd be someone who you could call a diver. And lets not get into quantities of dives because its been way overdone.

So Ronaldo is the only player who EVER gets criticised for diving? Not Gerrard, Drogba, that lad for Portsmouth last year whose name escapes me but did a horrible one last year? Come on out of that

And lets not get into quantities of dives because its been way overdone.

bollox to that, i have yet to see a Utd supporter on this site admit that Ronaldo is currently by a MILE the most prolific diver among the top PL teams

all they do is point out that Gerrard has dived too, everyone has taken a dive, i agree, some do it more than others and Ronaldo does it wayyyy more than most.

frequency is very relevant to this conversation, people hate the likes of Barton,Diouf,Thatcher because they continuously bring the game into disrepute with their behaviour, they dont criticise Gerrard,Kuyt,Scholes who have also put in bad tackles because they can see that the fact the others do it ALL the time means they are worse. for some reason though, this doesnt make a difference when it comes to diving?!

Ronaldo is currently by a MILE the most prolific diver among the top PL teams

I think he is the most prolific, but I wouldn't judge a serial killer of 64 any worse than a serial killer of 50(don't worry I understand the hilarity of using such an extreme example). If you're doing something wrong on a regular basis, I think thats enough.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

Ronaldo and Robbie Keane have both matched their premiership goal haul from last season already. 3 more goals and Ronaldo will have the same amount as the top scorer last season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

I think ....

That while Viper might be a terrible nickname, it'd be ****ing hilarious if the soccer forum managed to get it in common usage. I think we should set a goal, right here, right now, that next year we want some Commentator to call him the Viper.

(don't worry I understand the hilarity of using such an extreme example)

you answered that post yourself above. not the same thing at all.

i think the amount of criticism that should be levelled at a player should be relative to the frequency of his offences, eg. if ronaldo dived today, he deserves to be slated for it. if gerrard dives on monday, he deserves to be slated for it.

pretty sure i know which will happen more regularly, to about the ratio of 100:1!

Is there anybody who is denying that Viper dives more than Gerrard? I don't think so. That said, Viper doesn't go on talking about how terrible it is that people dive, and how it's not something that he'd every do. Wow, that's about it, both players have flaws, who cares?
    Ronaldo and Robbie Keane have both matched their premiership goal haul from last season already. 3 more goals and Ronaldo will have the same amount as the top scorer last season.

Anyone think that maybe, just maybe, Robbie is beginning to fulfill his potential, and that maybe, just maybe, he's gona join one of the big 4 before his career is over? I'd really like to see him at the highest level, I think he has the talent for it.

PHB wrote: »
    Is there anybody who is denying that Viper dives more than Gerrard? I don't think so. That said, Viper doesn't go on talking about how terrible it is that people dive, and how it's not something that he'd every do. Wow, that's about it, both players have flaws, who cares?

Stop it.

It'll happen :) Believe!

I'm thinking I should reupload all of the Ronaldo videos on youtube to say Cristiano 'Viper' Ronaldo

I'm just gonna keep replying 'Who?' to every post with that sh1te in it. At least that'll be as annoying and stupid.

You know what they say, any publicity is good publicity :)
    I think you guys are missing an opportunity to influence the world here. Like we all accept it's a stupid nickname, but if we managed to get it used in general, there'd be a great sense of achievement :)

and no Utd player would do that would they PHB? cough cough!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IiISmFrjO_A

Thinkm you'll like that Xavi! ;)

No they would, and Roy was a man of many many flaws.

• Advertisement

you're being very reasonable tonight!? are you feeling alright?

Mr Alan wrote: »
    and no Utd player would do that would they PHB? cough cough!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IiISmFrjO_A

Thinkm you'll like that Xavi! ;)

Ha so the real peron to blame is Fergie. Teaching his players to dive for two decades now.

Viper :cool:

Will he reach 30 premiership goals?

I don't feel the need to defend Viper when he plays poorly, so I pretty much have nothing to say about it. That miss from Ferdinands cut back was particuarly bad. As for the rest of the stuff talked about, we already talked about it last week.

I don't think Fergie teachs them to dive. I don't think he encourages in general either. I don't think he'd be unhappy to win a game by diving. I don't think he was particuarly happy with Ronaldos dive against Derby as it served absolutely no purpose and refs have been much harsher on him since. I don't think Fergie has a policy on diving that is any different to any other sensible manager.

who's viper?

Unearthly wrote: »
    Viper :cool:

I don't feel the need to defend Viper when he plays poorly, so I pretty much have nothing to say about it. That miss from Ferdinands cut back was particuarly bad. As for the rest of the stuff talked about, we already talked about it last week.

Who's this now?

Unearthly wrote: »

I'm going to assume your talking about C.Ronaldo

Dont think so. How many games have Utd played? 23? that means he has to alomst double his current goals in the next 15 games. 14 from 15 games, assuming he plays every game.

I'm going to assume your talking about C.Ronaldo

Dont think so. How many games have Utd played? 23? that means he has to alomst double his current goals in the next 15 games. 14 from 15 games, assuming he plays every game.

Our Viper has enough venom to achieve that

• Registered Users Posts: 11,692 ✭✭✭✭OPENROAD

Anyone think that maybe, just maybe, Robbie is beginning to fulfill his potential, and that maybe, just maybe, he's gona join one of the big 4 before his career is over? I'd really like to see him at the highest level, I think he has the talent for it.

Can't stand him,though of the big four teams maybe Liverpool might be the team for him.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

17 goals in 18 games (plus 15 minutes against Villa).

Advertisement