Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Ze Premiership Weekend Thread.

124»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

30 league goals would be an incredible achievement. He has scored 23 in the last 22 games though. He's on 17, so 13 from 15 games. He would have to keep scoring at his current rate, which would be impressive. Unlikely but then again, I wouldn't be surprised.

However he is likely to be rested in the league more and more in order to focus on the CL i'd say. I do however think he will be in with a very decent shout for the golden boot this season,

Spain top scorer is Fabiano with 12 goals
    Italy top scorer is Trezeguet on 13 goals
    German top scorer is a 5 way tie on 9 goals
    France top scorer is Benzema on 13 goals
    Dutch top scorer is Huntelaar on 18 goals

I'd say he's got a very decent shot at it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,711 ✭✭✭kaisersose77

i'd say theres a better chance of mr.alan becoming a Man Utd supporter than that nickname being used here regularly in a month! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

Mr Alan wrote: »
    who's viper?
    Cristiano Ronaldo

edit:

Anybody registered on wikipedia? :D Was gonna edit it into the page, but you have to be registered to do that and I aint :( lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

LOL

It starts.....

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

right, so what exactly is this "viper" thing all about?

coz its a bit rubbish

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

PHB wrote: »
    No they would, and Roy was a man of many many flaws.

how dare you, explain what you mean by many many, then say 3 hail marys and 2 our fathers and pray forgiveness for blaspheming against the great one

and for mr alan, that one isnt half as bad as some of gerrards, lets see if you can find as many instances of keane diving as you can of gerrard, speaking on the subject of the most prolific diver, who do you think is more prolific, keane or gerrard. keane dived on a ratio of one for every world cup id imagine which is a little bit less then stevie me.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,658 ✭✭✭✭Peyton Manning

Crap lads, abondon the nickname, we dont have Helix permission....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,909 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

kryogen wrote: »
    [/B]

how dare you, explain what you mean by many many, then say 3 hail marys and 2 our fathers and pray forgiveness for blaspheming against the great one

Hmmm let's see

- filthy player
    - abandoned his country when they needed him most
    - feels he's above admitting he was wrong
    - questioned his manager at Ireland and United

I could go on but you get the jist

Yes Xavi, you hate Roy Keane - we get it. Move on like.

• Advertisement

Archimedes wrote: »
    Yes Xavi, you hate Roy Keane - we get it. Move on like.

Yes United fans, you like Roy Keane - we get it. Move on like. He's retired and has nothing to do with you anymore.

DaveMcG wrote: »
    Cristiano Ronaldo

edit:

Anybody registered on wikipedia? :D Was gonna edit it into the page, but you have to be registered to do that and I aint :( lol

Done ;)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cristiano_Ronaldo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

Xavi6 wrote: »
    Hmmm let's see

- filthy player
    - abandoned his country when they needed him most
    - feels he's above admitting he was wrong
    - questioned his manager at Ireland and United

I could go on but you get the jist

bollox to be honest

filthy player/ your misguided opinion, he was a hard tackler, he was a fighter, he hated to lose, this brought out a very competitive aspect to his game... to say he was a filthy player is just plain wrong. in general his bad tackles were acts of revenge for things people had done to him, its not like hes michael brown.

abandoned his country/ bollox, he was ambushed, he was called a liar in front of his team mates and given no support from them, who abandoned who? he was not allowed play, he didnt just decide one day not to play for ireland, his position there was untenable. when he could play again he did

above admitting he hes wrong/ hes rarely, very rarely wrong, and if my memory serves correct he has held his hands up to mistakes in the past, i.e. getting arrested, drinking too much, shouting at referees

questioned his manager/ is his job not to voice opinions or to give his opinion on things as captain? is he not supposed to be the voice for his team? this is the only point i think you may be able to make a fair point about but i disagree with your premise in the first place, its his job to give his managers feedback....i admit it should be done privately

you dont like him, thats fine, nobodys perfect....but dont question him as a footballer, and to be honest i was asking PHB to clarify what he said not you, you want ot jump in with two feet thats your choice of course, as a city fan your not exactly gonna love him are you? but jealousy aside i think you can admit he was probably the best player to ever pull on a green jersey....

your only going to see what you perceive to be faults and i am not going to share your views so i doubt we can have a civilised conversation on the subject, i asked a man u fan cause i think we can have a more peaceful debate about it

oh and its not like him, i love him! do you not have any great former city players you love? i honestly dont know if there was any

bollox to be honest

filthy player/ your misguided opinion, he was a hard tackler, he was a fighter, he hated to lose, this brought out a very competitive aspect to his game... to say he was a filthy player is just plain wrong. in general his bad tackles were acts of revenge for things people had done to him, its not like hes michael brown.

Ah so one terrible tackle deserves an other? An eye for an eye and all that? That's hardly justification and a very poor defence of the man.
    abandoned his country/ bollox, he was ambushed, he was called a liar in front of his team mates and given no support from them, who abandoned who? he was not allowed play, he didnt just decide one day not to play for ireland, his position there was untenable. when he could play again he did

That arguments been done to death. I feel there's a time and a place for everything and it's not just before the world's biggest tournament. Both player and manager were wrong but we needed Keane. He was asked in the interview straight after would he return if asked and he said no.
    you dont like him, thats fine, nobodys perfect....but dont question him as a footballer, and to be honest i was asking PHB to clarify what he said not you, you want ot jump in with two feet thats your choice of course, as a city fan your not exactly gonna love him are you? but jealousy aside i think you can admit he was probably the best player to ever pull on a green jersey....

Wasn't that Keane's job?

Roy Keane is ONE of the greatest players to pull on the green shirt. That I have never debated. He's up there with the McGraths and Bradys. Doesn't change the fact that he had a dirty side to his game which for me overshadowed his abilities as a player
    oh and its not like him, i love him! do you not have any great former city players you love? i honestly dont know if there was any

Ha ha but of course. Sure football only started in 1993 didn't it? It doesn't count when in the 70s when City were the best around and United were in Division 2. So yeah of course we have had great players. What club hasn't? You may have heard of Dennis Law who was great for both teams. Or Francis Lee? Mike Summerbee? Bert Trautmann? Rodney March? I doubt you know them.

All this is really OT anyway. You say you wanted a fellow United fans opinion on Keane and no one elses? Then take it to the United forum.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

lol at what this thread has decended into..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

lol@ viper, a tattoo on his arm should be the target.

Keane is a traitor, 2nd best irish player ever but chose not to play for his country.

Newcastle are still crap.

kdjac

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

It's getting seriously tiresome seeing every thread descend into Ronaldo bashing.

Archimedes wrote: »

Cristiano Ronaldo dos Santos Aveiro, OIH (pronounced [kɾiʃˈtiɐnu ʁuˈnaɫdu]), (born 5 February 1985 in Funchal, Madeira), better known as Cristiano Ronaldo or by his nickname Viper, is a professional Portuguese footballer.

lol :D:D:D Good call

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Is there some rule that your not allowed to question your superiors? (I'm referring to Xavi's anti-Keane post) Is everyone in a position above yoou automatically infallable and right about everything?

That arguments been done to death. I feel there's a time and a place for everything and it's not just before the world's biggest tournament. Both player and manager were wrong but we needed Keane. He was asked in the interview straight after would he return if asked and he said no.

You brought it up though. I most likely wouldnt have come back either in the situation. If you woul dafter the manager and the rest of your teammates going public criticiseing you, then you must not have much self respect. They all knew Keane would tell them to **** off which is why they did what they did.

It's getting seriously tiresome seeing every thread descend into Ronaldo bashing.

There was no C Ronaldo bashing. There was a few people (Utd fans and non Utd fans) who said he didnt play well. Then A few people who cant accept that the guy is capable of bad games. Wheres? the Ronaldo bashing? At least read it before stirring.

Stekelly wrote: »
    Is there some rule that your not allowed to question your superiors? (I'm referring to Xavi's anti-Keane post) Is everyone in a position above yoou automatically infallable and right about everything?

Nope not at all. Going on your own club's tv channel to publicly diss your team mates certainly isn't on in my book no matter how great a player you are or think you are.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,529 ✭✭✭Im_No_Superman

Ah so one terrible tackle deserves an other? An eye for an eye and all that? That's hardly justification and a very poor defence of the man.

Wasn't that Keane's job?

Roy Keane is ONE of the greatest players to pull on the green shirt. That I have never debated. He's up there with the McGraths and Bradys. Doesn't change the fact that he had a dirty side to his game which for me overshadowed his abilities as a player

Ha ha but of course. Sure football only started in 1993 didn't it? It doesn't count when in the 70s when City were the best around and United were in Division 2. So yeah of course we have had great players. What club hasn't? You may have heard of Dennis Law who was great for both teams. Or Francis Lee? Mike Summerbee? Bert Trautmann? Rodney March? I doubt you know them.

All this is really OT anyway. You say you wanted a fellow United fans opinion on Keane and no one elses? Then take it to the United forum.

I never heard of Rodney March, is he any relation to Rodney Marsh, ;) the english equivalent of Dunphy imo!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Anyway, Bolton..

Mike.

Anyway, Everton....getting played off the park by Wigan at the mo. Bent just hit the bar

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

I knew it was a lesser team! :p

Mike.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

You're not singing Bramble's name anymore. :D

LOL Bramble back to his old tricks! :)

1-0 Everton. Johnson. Bramble made an absolute hash of it and fell over himself to leave Johnson through. Funny stuff

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

Jesus Lescott should be playing up front at this rate.

Thats that so. 2-0 Lescott. Wigan fall apart in 3 mins.

• Advertisement

Lol at the commentator Alan Smith "didnt he take it well by the way....", he was 3 yards out with an open goal! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,103 ✭✭✭estebancambias

Lol Slavan Bilic.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

I agree with the Rt Hon Gooner.

Time for a Ronaldo forum.

Julius Aghahowa just came on for Wigan. Anyone know why he's not at the African Nations?

The Honey Monster mistakes allows Carlton Cole score an overhead kick.

Indeed. A cracking finish

• Advertisement

City level. Darius Vassel. Andy Gray having a little whinge about the offside rule.

1-1! Vassell!

City level. Darius Vassel. Andy Gray having a little whinge about the offside rule.

Well it was offside.

Stekelly wrote: »
    Well it was offside.

I didn't see any daylight

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,707 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

I didn't see any daylight

Thats because it's nearly dark outside

• Advertisement

Thats because it's nearly dark outside

Exactly :D

Ireland is really struggling lately. I personally believe he is at his best playing behind the striker. He links up brilliantly with Petrov when he does.

Ireland is really struggling lately. I personally believe he is at his best playing behind the striker. He links up brilliantly with Petrov when he does.

Well he couldn't do much worse there than Elano. He's been woeful

Elano has really not impressed me since around October. I think you are missing Johnson(I think he will soon become overhyped) but he is a good box-to-box player.

Yep total agree. Johnno does so much donkey work. Hamann and Hart have been class again today

Advertisement