Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Still playing PES06? Why?

Options
  • 18-01-2008 1:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭

Just wondering about this.
    I bought PES2008 on the release date, but have been left awfully disappointed.
    Firstly, my PC just didn't hack it specs wise... althought I upgraded my RAM and met the recommended specs. It was a let down, but it was still playable..
    Secondly, the lack of real licences and crap graphics / lack of patches meant I'd rather hold on and give the editing community time, so I'd play in a couple of months.

So that couple of months have passed, and I checked all the available patches, but the game itself still isn't doing it for me. I pure and simple just don't like it. I've kept PES06 totally up to date, and am looking forward to updating with the new transfers and getting the lads around for some more multi-play madness..

So, are you still on PES06? Why haven't you moved onto PES08?

I'm still playing PES06 because 9 votes

My PC can't run PES2008!
    0% 0 votes
    PES06 is fully patched and beautiful! I can't leave it!
    22% 2 votes
    I just don't like the game. It's pants compared to PES06
    33% 3 votes
    Still playing it, but slowly moving over to PES08 with all the new patches
    33% 3 votes
    Didn't even buy / try PES2008 - couldn't be bothered as I heard it wasn't worth it
    11% 1 vote
    Atari Jaguar version is way better...
    0% 0 votes

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,032 ✭✭✭Oman

im still playing pes 6 simply because i haven't got round to buying pes 2008, even though i want it, i just havent been out to the shops in ages

• Registered Users Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭Batesy

I bought PES2008 but traded it in about 3 weeks later after Konami released a patch to fix the online issues which actually fixed nothing! Went back to PES6 and have been playing some great non lag games against people. Had a 5-4 AET game Barca v Madrid the other night. Wa a cracker of a match!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,179 ✭✭✭FunkZ

Pro Evo 6 is simply way better.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,743 ✭✭✭Rockee

Oman wrote: »
    im still playing pes 6 simply because i haven't got round to buying pes 2008, even though i want it, i just havent been out to the shops in ages

Same, though Im on PS2

Advertisement