Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Garages around Dublin 14/4/6

• 18-01-2008 2:09pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 39

I had a bit of a fender bender there a couple of days ago and was wondering if anyone knew of a good reliable place in or around the south Dublin area?

A friend of mine recently had a similar problem and went to Sandford garage near Ranelagh, but when I went there, the man working there told me they didn't do repairs of this nature.... (I'm not sure why I was refused when a friend of mine had the exact same job done with no quibbles.)

So does anyone know of any garages (that aren't too dismissive of the female sex) that might do a body work job for a '00 Daewoo car? Most of the garages around seem to just do exhaust, tires, alignment etc. It'd be great too if any of these places did electronic work, as I've a couple of things to get fixed ie central locking, sound system...

Am I looking for too much?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,399 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

Probably got refused because of age and type of car. No real money in it for them, They could take in an expensive car needing the same work and charge maybe five times what your car is worth.
    Sound system would be easy for any garage and the locking should be ok for most too although some problems can be a nightmare. Your car should not be too advanced anyway. Has the locking worked recently or at all while you have had the car?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,632 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

C&F motors in Deerpark will do repairs no problem at all. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39 amoeba_girl

Yeah, the problems with the locking only started there about a month ago, and they just seem to be getting steadily worse, I guess I'll just have to keep an eye out for other garages, and check out C&F motors....

Thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 ktisel

Fitzpaticks in Harolds X. Recently did a very good job for me. Crash repair is their business and I'm sure they can sort out the sterio too....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 ktisel

stereo...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

Give Crofton Motors in Sundrive a call (D12). Not the cheapest but they do good repairs. 01 492 1833. Ask for Joe or Kieron.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,557 ✭✭✭The tax man

http://www.denningsgarage.com/index.html D.6w between the Spawell complex and the M50 roundabout.
    Never used them but just another company to throw into the pot for ya.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 58 ✭✭Alz®

Dave Curry Motors Rathgar Dublin 6 01 4908432/014906343

Recommend seen as i used to work there ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39 amoeba_girl

Thanks guys, you've been very helpful, I'll have a look around.

Advertisement