Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Anyone on here man enough to play????

• 18-01-2008 2:59pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 104 ✭✭

Is there anyone on boards that think they wanna play american football....?????????If so the tallaght outlaws are training this sunday from 12-4 at the Basketball arena in tallaght.Come along and try out

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,067 ✭✭✭tallaghtoutlaws

Folks feel free to call Lewe whatever you want :D:D

He is on our Special Teams :p:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,274 ✭✭✭de5p0i1er

Folks feel free to call Lewe whatever you want :D:D

He is on our Special Teams :p:D:D

Kickers are people too.

de5p0i1er wrote: »
    Kickers are people too.

No he is on our Special Team :p:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 104 ✭✭Lewe

Gives me an idea............plz sir may i be kicker i promise i'l be good:D:):):):):D:D:D

• Subscribers Posts: 6,408 ✭✭✭conzy

Any other active teams in the Dublin Area?

Im going to college in Dublin next year, probably in TCD or DCU, i think DCU have a team but im not sure...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,260 ✭✭✭jdivision

DCU have a team (I play for them as does Bizzy C), Trinity have set one up and are playing development league this year and hoping to play senior kitted next year. There's also the Outlaws obviously, Dublin Rebels out in Booterstown, the Dublin Rhinos in Castleknock and Dublin Dragons, another development team in Lucan. I'm not going to take over Lewe's thread so drop me a pm if you wanna know more about the college teams and playing. More than welcome to play for DCU next year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

discriminatory is what that is!! lol no feckin teams in waterford as far as i know, so im ****ed, id love to play...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,066 ✭✭✭Sea Devils

kryogen wrote: »
    discriminatory is what that is!! lol no feckin teams in waterford as far as i know, so im ****ed, id love to play...

what about the Strongbows?;)

jdivision wrote: »
    DCU have a team (I play for them as does Bizzy C), Trinity have set one up and are playing development league this year and hoping to play senior kitted next year. There's also the Outlaws obviously, Dublin Rebels out in Booterstown, the Dublin Rhinos in Castleknock and Dublin Dragons, another development team in Lucan. I'm not going to take over Lewe's thread so drop me a pm if you wanna know more about the college teams and playing. More than welcome to play for DCU next year.

Feel free to take over his thread. If it shuts lewe up its all good :D

Sea Devils wrote: »
    what about the Strongbows?;)

christ i cringed when i read that page, i know some of those guys, and no, its just wrong to think of them playing.......ugh.......maybe i should just move to dublin!

lol i cringed again when i thought about finding out about how these guys play, might have to go check them out and see if there anything to it!

• Advertisement

There's room for nearly every body shape in the sport. The smallest guy in the league is about 5'1 and hits bloody hard. The biggest guy is about 6'7 and 25 stone. There's even a guy who's over 7' playing

christ i cringed when i read that page, i know some of those guys, and no, its just wrong to think of them playing.......ugh.......maybe i should just move to dublin!

lol i cringed again when i thought about finding out about how these guys play, might have to go check them out and see if there anything to it!

What how did i miss this post. As jdivision said some of the smaller guys hit like tanks. im 300 lbs and recently got tackled by one of our small guys and with the right training by us he hits solid and like a tank and has potential. Kyogen google D2 and D3 colleges and you will find there is various sizes among them alot of skilled positions especially dont need size. Especially in amateur football here.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,259 ✭✭✭✭Melion

God i wish i could get somewhere to play this down around here. Thinking about going into the UL vikings

They have some non-students playing for them. sure they'll make you welcome

What how did i miss this post. As jdivision said some of the smaller guys hit like tanks. im 300 lbs and recently got tackled by one of our small guys and with the right training by us he hits solid and like a tank and has potential. Kyogen google D2 and D3 colleges and you will find there is various sizes among them alot of skilled positions especially dont need size. Especially in amateur football here.

ehhh, what??? where did i mention size? i said i know some of these guys, personally, what does that have to do with their size? strange post tbh

i know them and i have never imagined them playing american football, it gave me a laugh to think about it but also made me worry that maybe they were my only option? get it? ahhh whatever, its nothing to do with size, sure im only 5' 10" but i reckon i could knock quite a few bigger guys, actually i know i could! i have!! i prefer to play offense though!!

ehhh, what??? where did i mention size? i said i know some of these guys, personally, what does that have to do with their size? strange post tbh

i know them and i have never imagined them playing american football, it gave me a laugh to think about it but also made me worry that maybe they were my only option? get it? ahhh whatever, its nothing to do with size, sure im only 5' 10" but i reckon i could knock quite a few bigger guys, actually i know i could! i have!! i prefer to play offense though!!

My post strange in fairness your post wasnt clear at all one would assume you mean size or some attribute of bodily function as you said you cringe thinking of these guys playing. Maybe you should actually go talk to these guys or even travel and look at another team and you will find every different type of human playing irregardless of shape size or whatever. Maybe if you joined them and put any personal differences or thoughts aside these guys could get the ball rolling and recruit more guys. And actually start playing the game in the IAFL.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,110 ✭✭✭Y2J_MUFC

I'd say it would be fairly class to play...Actually going to UL for the past 4 years, never played though as i didnt know anyone else goin'!

My post strange in fairness your post wasnt clear at all one would assume you mean size or some attribute of bodily function as you said you cringe thinking of these guys playing. Maybe you should actually go talk to these guys or even travel and look at another team and you will find every different type of human playing irregardless of shape size or whatever. Maybe if you joined them and put any personal differences or thoughts aside these guys could get the ball rolling and recruit more guys. And actually start playing the game in the IAFL.

christ, right before this starts to annoy me too much, look you didnt get what i meant, fine, but dont keep ploughing on with your point when you dont know what im talking about!!! its not important anyway, i will be going along to play with them this week, there is no personal differences between us, i dont have any problem with their size/stature/hair colour/shoe size or whatever else you may have picked up from my post

ok,ok,if you and me knew each other, and i was a boring office worker and thats all you thought i was, then one day you found out i was secret agent would you be suprised??? maybe??

Y2J_MUFC wrote: »
    I'd say it would be fairly class to play...Actually going to UL for the past 4 years, never played though as i didnt know anyone else goin'!
    Sure when I joined DCU on day one I didn't know anybody and was nearly 10 years older than the next oldest person on the team. Go down and try it out.

christ, right before this starts to annoy me too much, look you didnt get what i meant, fine, but dont keep ploughing on with your point when you dont know what im talking about!!! its not important anyway, i will be going along to play with them this week, there is no personal differences between us, i dont have any problem with their size/stature/hair colour/shoe size or whatever else you may have picked up from my post

ok,ok,if you and me knew each other, and i was a boring office worker and thats all you thought i was, then one day you found out i was secret agent would you be suprised??? maybe??

:rolleyes::rolleyes:

Clark Kent your identity is safe with us. Next time you post and you say you cringe thinking about these guys playing maybe back it up as to why. See then you dont get speculation or guesses as to why.:)

• Advertisement

uhuh, your right, point taken, i realise i wasnt very clear now in hindsight :D 12 days/4 hours roughly to the superbowl!!!

uhuh, your right, point taken, i realise i wasnt very clear now in hindsight :D 12 days/4 hours roughly to the superbowl!!!

Cant wait im heading to US will be there for the Bowl weekend heading to Wisconsin pity Packers didnt make it. Now contempleting heading to Friends living in foxboro for it now as im a pats fan. :) Cant wait either way its going to be a cracker.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 deBOTCHery

Cant wait im heading to US will be there for the Bowl weekend heading to Wisconsin pity Packers didnt make it. Now contempleting heading to Friends living in foxboro for it now as im a pats fan. :) Cant wait either way its going to be a cracker.

green bay may not be the most hospitable place to watch the super bowl. foxboro sounds a lot better.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 L.Ryan17

Melion wrote: »
    God i wish i could get somewhere to play this down around here. Thinking about going into the UL vikings

Hey Melion, Im a member of the Vikings and we do have a number of non-students playing with us, myself included. We are currently recruiting for the new season and if anyone in the Limerick/Clare/Tipperary area is interested in playing with us they are more than welcome. We won the 2007 Shamrock Bowl which is the All-Ireland final in football terms and we hope to repeat the feat. We welcome people of all sizes, ages, colours, creeds and experience. Even people who are interested in the game and just want to watch or even coach or ref.

If anyone is interested or knows a friend that would be just email ulvikings@gmail.com and ask for training times. We are training this saturday morning in UL if anyone is interested in seeing more about the game.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 473 ✭✭Lothaar

Oops, wrong thread.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 Tweeder 26

haha nice lothar.i prob shouldnt be here either.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36 SexyIrish

L.Ryan17 wrote: »
    We welcome people of all sizes, ages, colours, creeds and experience.

Except if your crap

;)

SexyIrish wrote: »
    Except if your crap

;)

So who let you play then :D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36 SexyIrish

No-one, they're jus humouring me

;)

• Advertisement
Advertisement