Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Alaska- Ever Done It?

• 18-01-2008 3:01pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 647 ✭✭✭

Has anyone ever been to Alaska? What is there to do there, was it good?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 662 ✭✭✭JæKæ

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,171 ✭✭✭Neamhshuntasach

I was in fairbanks while i was driving up on a roadtrip from San Diego all the way up the west coast into Canada. So for the craic we decided to go into Alaska just for the "i was there" factor. It was during the summer and surprisingly a lot warmer than i expected. It was actually quite warm. Only stayed the night and drove back out into the Yukon so can't tell you much. But some of the sights were amazing looking. I'd like to go back sometime and explore a bit. A lot of what to do there seems to be wildlife based from the phamplets i picked up. Whale and bear watching. Going catching fish, national parks, there was something about a famous scenic train ride. And i seen pictures of the Northern lights over fairbacks. something i'd like to see in the future

• Closed Accounts Posts: 662 ✭✭✭JæKæ

Haven't been yet, but intend visiting. Some serious wildlife up there. Bald eagles, black, grizzly and Polar bears, whales, walrus, arctic foxes.

Advertisement