Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

weight watchers

• 18-01-2008 3:22pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 100 ✭✭

well i started off at 297 pounds on 1st jan 08 and am down to 281

just woondering has anybody else joined weight watchers ???

im just going to keep my motivation , i dont want to stand on a scales everyweek and be up , also its nice that others take recognition of weight loss

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,819 ✭✭✭✭g'em

moved to nutrition and diet - there's a fair few people here who've got experiences with WW ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 100 ✭✭21stone

cheers g'em

just joined this week , setting myself some goals and trying my ass off to get them acheived

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,819 ✭✭✭✭g'em

While Weightwatchers isn't groundbreakingly new in the way it approaches healthy eating, it does, as you say, provide motivation. Each week you can go to meetings, talk to others in your situation and use the support that fellow-WWers can provide.

See these threads for further discussion about WW:
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055216290
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055154101

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Also as you probably know by now if you are lifting you should be looking at fat loss, not just wieght loss, since you will gain wieght in muscle. Get your BF% checked, and keep measurements & photos to track your real progress.

I was a constant 12 stone for ages and getting thinner all the time, if I was going to WW I probably would have been kicked out ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭catyb20

21stone wrote: »
    well i started off at 297 pounds on 1st jan 08 and am down to 281

just woondering has anybody else joined weight watchers ???

im just going to keep my motivation , i dont want to stand on a scales everyweek and be up , also its nice that others take recognition of weight loss

I started too! :D Finding it brilliant, but as you say i think that is down to the motivation. U've lost over a stone! Congrats!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6 lil'm

I started ww this is my 3rd week
    Im finding it ok
    Im doing the points plan
    i lost 3 pounds the first week and 2 last week
    I have a way to go yet.

I was 12st 10 my goal is to be 10 st....Im 5ft 8 so that would be fantastic...
    Im a size 14 would love to be a size 10 i havnt been slim since i was about 10 yrs old!!

the meetings are really good for motivation and i told lots of my friends i am doing it,thats so i wont quit easily....

I find the wknds v hard was out on fri and sat nt so am not really expecting much at weigh in today......

my fave ww thing ever is a pot of low fat choc mousse, cadbury, 1.5 points but if you freeze them they are like choc ice cream.......divine and they last longer too!!

lil'm wrote: »
    I started ww this is my 3rd week
    Im finding it ok
    Im doing the points plan
    i lost 3 pounds the first week and 2 last week
    I have a way to go yet.

I was 12st 10 my goal is to be 10 st....Im 5ft 8 so that would be fantastic...
    Im a size 14 would love to be a size 10 i havnt been slim since i was about 10 yrs old!!

the meetings are really good for motivation and i told lots of my friends i am doing it,thats so i wont quit easily....

I find the wknds v hard was out on fri and sat nt so am not really expecting much at weigh in today......

my fave ww thing ever is a pot of low fat choc mousse, cadbury, 1.5 points but if you freeze them they are like choc ice cream.......divine and they last longer too!!

I'm also doing my third week. It is fantastic. I have a serious amt of weight to lose though. My first week i lost 8.5 lbs, but last week i put on .5lbs! :( I felt awful after seeing that! but i had a chat with the girl who runs the meeting and its because i quit smoking that week too! I've been munching on loads of stuff to kill the craving for a cigarette!

Congrats on the weight loss! Oh and freezing the mousse....super idea!!! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40 ag1975

i am on week 3. lost 4.5 the 1st week, up 1 the second week, and with only 2 days till weigh in this week i'll be lucky to be down 1. weekends are the hardest. i only need to lose about 8 pounds but i've been trying to lose it for years..

ag1975 wrote: »
    i am on week 3. lost 4.5 the 1st week, up 1 the second week, and with only 2 days till weigh in this week i'll be lucky to be down 1. weekends are the hardest. i only need to lose about 8 pounds but i've been trying to lose it for years..

If you only need to lose 8 lbs, 4.5 in the first week was fantastic, even if you did go up 1 in the second week. The girl at my meeting said that because i lost so much in my first week putting on .5 wasnt the worst that could happen even if i hadnt given up smoking!
    So i wouldnt worry about putting on a pound, i wreckon its just your body getting used to a diet way of living!

Why don't you just stop drinkin for a week or 2? I stopped as soon as i started ww and i wreckon thats why i lost so much in the first week....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 jessiewessie

hey your doing great.. i hope i can do as well im starting ww on tues. Im about 240lbs ans so out of control with my food...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 196 ✭✭Stef1979

I did ww last year and lost a stone in 12 weeks:D
    I still had a stone to go but it wasnt going anywhere:confused:
    I managed to keep it off until about a month ago i which I was doing work in the house and due to take outs and quick sandwiches I gained it again!:mad::mad:

I stopped going to ww a couple of weeks after not losing anymore weight mainly because the hour was spent waiting to weigh in everyone else and I got tired of paying to watch others get weighed in

my decision now is do I follow ww at home and hope I loose the weight agian or go back to class for the motivation....advise necessary as im really in 2 minds as what to do.....:confused::confused::confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 jessiewessie

Stef1979 wrote: »
    I did ww last year and lost a stone in 12 weeks:D
    I still had a stone to go but it wasnt going anywhere:confused:
    I managed to keep it off until about a month ago i which I was doing work in the house and due to take outs and quick sandwiches I gained it again!:mad::mad:

I stopped going to ww a couple of weeks after not losing anymore weight mainly because the hour was spent waiting to weigh in everyone else and I got tired of paying to watch others get weighed in

my decision now is do I follow ww at home and hope I loose the weight agian or go back to class for the motivation....advise necessary as im really in 2 minds as what to do.....:confused::confused::confused:

I've been trying to do ww from home for the past month but I was getting nowhere fast so I joined up again yesterday and I have to say I feel alot more motivated.. I know it seems silly to be paying to get weighed but I really think it does help...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭angeldelight

I've posted in the other thread too, but yep I'm doing WW. I do the UK online version, don't go to classes and I love it :) Have lost 3 stone in 6 months, another few to go though!! It's been working very well for me I must say. I do points as well so I don't have to give up treats and stuff, just factor them in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 ruby jones

started ww today for the 3rd and last time at my heavest and hating it going to stick to it this time my goal is 2 stone by next may for my little girls communion so fingers crossed

• Closed Accounts Posts: 984 ✭✭✭cozmik

Have lost 3 stone in 6 months, another few to go though!!

Congrats! keep up the good work. :)

Advertisement