Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

And you's always wonder...

1235»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

For all the people whining about "foreign" clubs: If we were to use your warped logic, soccer is a foreign sport and we should all be watching GAA and not soccer anyway!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,951 ✭✭✭DSB

Draupnir wrote: »
    This whole argument is totally crazy, the reason football is so great is because there will always be different types of supporter. Just because you like to watch Bohs or Shels religiously and would love everyone too doesnt mean that will ever happen or that it should.

If we break down the argument of all the Eircom League fans in this thread, then it would mean that we should all follow our most local club? In that case, every club in the world would have about 50 fans because, and this may come as a shock, there are a lot more than just Eircom League Premier and First Division clubs in this country.

There are also more than just the Football League clubs in England and certainly more than Serie A to Serie C1 in Italy etc.

So, I'll see you Shels fans at more Tolka Rovers games? Or will it be Ballymun United? Maybe we should head up to the 15 acres on a Saturday or Sunday and watch one of the even smaller clubs (there are about 50 in the LFL to watch alone).

So when does the Eircom League season start? I know Bohs have Monaghan at home in a friendly in a couple of weeks.
    This is the worst point ever, and if you read the thread you'd see its been brought up and answered numerous times.
    Jazzy wrote: »
    pretty much. last time i had a discussion about the EL with the the leader (DesF, hes got a football rating of 10) he wasnt really able to answer so any point anyone really makes here wont be a good enough "excuse" not to watch the EL.
    its like talking to the smuggest wall on the planet who at the same time thinks they are a down-trodden martyr trying to convert the world to a better way of life.
    OMGZYOU'REAMASTERDEBATERTOO?????????
    flahavaj wrote: »
    For all the people whining about "foreign" clubs: If we were to use your warped logic, soccer is a foreign sport and we should all be watching GAA and not soccer anyway!
    It isn't like that. Many fans of Eircom League clubs also enjoy Premiership football, me included. It's a matter of people actually supporting their club instead of sitting on their arse watching it on telly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,934 ✭✭✭OhNoYouDidn't

Mr Alan wrote: »
    i think probably the most important part of being a fan along with going to games is recognising wat a club is all about, its history and traditions.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wX2-zLi-xlI

i'll risk being abused for this, but the above is the Reclaim the Kop charter and to me this is vitally important as a Liverpool fan.

Although i would class myself as a liverpool fan, i would always recognise that the club belongs to the people of liverpool.

If i expect the honour being allowed to call myself a fan of that great club, it is vital that i follow the example set out by generations of great great fans.

The people of liverpool are the custodians of the club. i'm just glad they let me come along for the ride.

For example anyone who claims to be a Liverpool fan and reads the Sun is an embarrasment and is not a fan.

anyway i'm rambling now

but they are reclaiming the kop FROM THE LIKES OF YOU. that is the point.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,552 ✭✭✭✭GuanYin

Savman wrote: »
    Saying the LOI is crap while bigging up the Premiership is hogwash, some games in England's top tier can be god awful. Even the hardcore footy fans would rather chew off their own arm than watch Wigan V Derby or some other less than attractive fixture.

The main reason people support english teams, aside from the family connection, is that during childhood "Grandstand" and "Match Of The Day" were pretty much the only football on the box so they were kinda a big deal. I could be wrong, but I don't remember the LOI getting the same kind of attention paid to it by our national broadcasters.

I actually went to some LOI games in my youth and believe it or not I'd be very easily convinced to go again for the craic, I don't know what's stopping me from going but I do think I'm there for the taking if any club was arsed to try and make it sound appealing enough. I'd probably fall down on the Bohs side of the fence (again, family orientated) and I've been to Dalymount a few times, its not near as bad as people make out. Good craic, matchday burger and chips and game of footy.

Why is the LOI in such a state? No idea, but it's certainly not my fault.

Change is needed....

Nice to see a sensible post among alot of crap.

And on that note...

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement