Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

what to do in kilkenny

• 18-01-2008 3:50pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 142 ✭✭

my house mate is a polish guy and i told him i would help him with his cousin his wife and there child they will arrive sat night and go home on thurs, what can you do in and around kilkenny was thinking sunday dunmore cave then the castle and then head to the reptile zoo on mon going to bring them to dublin for the day tues ????????? i need help wed will spend shopping in kilkenny thanks in advance :)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,556 ✭✭✭✭AckwelFoley

.. perhaps stay another night in Dublin.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

Is Dunmore cave even open at this time of year?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,429 ✭✭✭brettmirl

Stephen wrote: »
    Is Dunmore cave even open at this time of year?

http://www.heritageireland.ie/en/South-East/DunmoreCave/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,248 ✭✭✭Plug

Perhaps don't bother coming down here at all tell them. Its Kilkenny theres never anything to do....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 997 ✭✭✭MsFifers

Go out to the Discovery Park place in Castlecomer - walk in woods, cafe, tour of mines, craft shops, fishing, children's playground - what more could you want?
    You could also stop in Jenkinstown Woods on the way back for more walking (bring wellies I suppose!)

There's always the castle tour?

Inistigue is nice too - more walking in woods??

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 142 ✭✭just-wonderin

MsFifers wrote: »
    Go out to the Discovery Park place in Castlecomer - walk in woods, cafe, tour of mines, craft shops, fishing, children's playground - what more could you want?
    You could also stop in Jenkinstown Woods on the way back for more walking (bring wellies I suppose!)

There's always the castle tour?

Inistigue is nice too - more walking in woods??

hey thanks for that going out there tomo after been in jenkinstown park on way back from dunmore cave... we were in the castle what a rip off would never advise anyone to go... prob head down around graiguenamanagh and mount leinster its nicer than inisteoge.

Advertisement