Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help needed to choose a new video card

Options
  • 18-01-2008 3:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 862 ✭✭✭

The nVidia 7900gt I RMAed to Komplett is EOL (End of Life) apparently. Komplett are offering to replace it with a current, similarly speced card. My system is a Dell 8400 (3.4GHz Pent 4, 2 GB memory, ati radeon X800xt, 350w PSU). The power supply will be a limiting factor for what model of card I go for.

Any suggestions on what video card to ask for?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,044 ✭✭✭Sqaull20

Ati HD3850..

I have one in a dell 305watt psu, wonderful card....

Dell under rate there power supplies,eg they sell a xps420 8800gtx bundle with a 425watt psu,yet everywhere you look it says a 8800gtx needs minimum 500watt psu...If you dont believe me go to dellcommunityforums and you will see guys with 8800gt's in their 305 watt Inspirions pc's working perfectly....

Anyway I would get the below card....

http://www.komplett.ie/k/ki.aspx?sku=342319

• Registered Users Posts: 862 ✭✭✭Jilm

Thanks for the reply, sqaull.

I've requested a 8800gts, which is the upper limit for my systems PSU. I'll see how it goes.

Advertisement