Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

gadget shopping list

Options
  • 18-01-2008 4:29pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 440 ✭✭

i need to get the following

laptop
    mp3
    dvd player
    back up storage
    webcam
    voip handset
    mobile phone

what combination options are there so as to limit my expenses. for example is it necessary to buy a dvd player if the laptop has dvd. can i connect laptop to tv and play dvds on it and copy onto dvd

if i did get dvd can i use it as back up storage for my pc

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,396 ✭✭✭✭Karoma

Get a laptop with TV-out (So you can display content on a TV) & a DVD recorder (Standard on laptops nowadays. You can use this as backup storage.) Maybe consider getting one with a built-in webcam.
    Get a mobile phone that can take external memory cards & play MP3 (Sony Ericsson are probably the best bet)
    I'm not too sure consolidating will necessarily mean reducing cost.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 440 ✭✭maradona10

thanks Karoma, do i need a tv tuner card as well

• Registered Users Posts: 1,796 ✭✭✭lintdrummer

Any laptop with tv out will have a built in tv tuner. Even if you don't find one with the tv stuff built in you can get external tv cards for next to nothing on ebay. See here

• Closed Accounts Posts: 440 ✭✭maradona10

thanks Emmett

Advertisement