Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Front patio door - who?

Options
  • 18-01-2008 5:08pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 128 ✭✭

Hi all,
    I'm looking to get a sliding patio door put in front of our existing wooden front door to eliminate drafts and help insulation. I got a quote from Global Windows for over €9,000 but I reckon its waaaayyy over the top. Anyone had this done and can recommend someone?
    We're based in Meath.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 39,419 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Moved to DIY, there will be a better response there as its more suited.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,829 ✭✭✭JackieChan

Scuba.ie wrote: »
    Hi all,
    I'm looking to get a sliding patio door put in front of our existing wooden front door to eliminate drafts and help insulation. I got a quote from Global Windows for over €9,000 but I reckon its waaaayyy over the top. Anyone had this done and can recommend someone?
    We're based in Meath.

Holy Christ! Does that quote include the building of a porched area?
    I'm about to look for quote to replace my existing old aluminium frames sliding doors so hope that quote is wrong!

• Registered Users Posts: 367 ✭✭teflon

Contact a guy called Ollie In Tullamore Home Products on 0872649621.
    He's fairly sound and competively priced for that kinda stuff.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 128 ✭✭Scuba.ie

Well our driveway is sloped up to the door (for wheelchair access) and is cobble locked the whole way, so it would need some of the cobble locking taken out and concrete poured in and leveled before the door/patio frame can go in...still a massive price!
    I've since had a member of Boards on to me and call out for a look, and has recommended just replacing the front door, which I'm pretty interested in, as the one that the builders put in is shaite!

Advertisement