Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Missing Christmas

• 18-01-2008 5:26pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 119 ✭✭

I'm all out of Christmas pudding
    The drink's all drunk
    Business is crap.

I hate Easter............. it's so ****in' depressing.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,396 ✭✭✭✭Karoma

Would you like this to be moved to PI, while I cry you a river? Would you? ¬_¬

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,641 ✭✭✭kev_s88

ah my christmas always ends really fast.

as soon as all the christmas leftovers have been finished off in sandwiches and other various food forms, then christmas is over.

finished the food on the 30th december so ive had plenty of time to get used to the lack of christmas so im used to it now... until next year when the pain starts all over again

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 427 ✭✭eve

You could be like this guy: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Andy_Park_(Mr._Christmas)

But it may not be good for your health.
    Andy Park, an electrician from Melksham, Wiltshire, England, styles himself "Mr. Christmas" after having celebrated Christmas day every day since 1994.

In 2001, Mr. Park estimated that since he started celebrating, he had got through 30 artificial Christmas trees, 10,000m of tinsel and 10,000 balloons, at a (then) estimated cost of £100,000.

Each day he eats breakfast (turkey sandwich and mince pies), then goes to work, until returning around at lunchtime to eat a full roast turkey dinner before watching a recording of the Queen's Christmas speech, sherry in hand. In 2006, it was reported that the Queen had politely declined an invitation to broadcast her speech from his house.

In an interview published in 2006, Mr. Park was quoted as saying that over the previous 13 years, he had consumed 4,380 turkeys (one a day), 87,600 mince pies (20 a day), 2,190 pints of gravy (half a pint a day), 26,280 roast potatoes (six a day), 30,660 stuffing balls, 219,000 mushy peas, 4,380 bottles of champagne, 4,380 bottles of sherry and 5,000 bottles of wine. However, in 2001, he was warned by his doctor that the diet was affecting his health after his weight increased to 19 stone (121 kg).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

what? Christmas never ends really, start preparing for next year

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Only 11 months to go now...

• Advertisement
Advertisement