Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Does it matter?

Options
  • 18-01-2008 5:48pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭

my question is, i know its great entertainment for a while and it distracts a large amount of the public from real issues but does it really matter who gets elected to the PR position of US president??

it is a widely although not fully at the moment, accepted fact that america is a one party system and that these elections are irrelevant as no matter which faction wins america is still run by corporations.....

what do the posters here think of it? do you believe the conspiracy theorists or do you believe that america is really a 2 party country and that it does make a difference whether a "democrat" or a "republican" get into office? take the election last time as an example, george bush and john kerrys voting policy was almost identical meaning their philosophy and their ideals are pretty much the same, so would it have made a difference if john kerry had won?

my own personal beliefs are of little relevance at the moment but i am interested to hear others views on it

so the us election, who wins, does it matter??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,424 ✭✭✭✭Akrasia

It matter only a little. A non crazy would be nice, but all of the 'electable candidates' (as decided by the media monopolies) are all singing from the same basic hymsheet. Manifest destiny and freedom = capitalism

Advertisement