Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS3 Wirless Guitars work on PC!!!!!!

Options
  • 18-01-2008 6:04pm
    Subscribers Posts: 6,408 ✭✭✭

My PS3 broke and i was having GH3 withdrawals so I plugged my PS3 wireless guitar receiver into my PC not expecting much and.....

GH3omg.JPG

It found the drivers on Windows update automatically and it works with frets on fire..

Going to get a loan of GH3 for PC from my friend and see if it can be configured to work :)

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,016 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

Madness tbh, would have thought sony wouldnt like that :P I'm guessing though coz the pc got GH3 all guitars are routhly the same hardware wise, funny it detected as "For playstation 3" though :), btw try using it with "Frets on Fire" a free pc guitar hero clone, has loads of free downloads too...
    Nick

• Subscribers Posts: 6,408 ✭✭✭conzy

conzymaher wrote: »

It found the drivers on Windows update automatically and it works with frets on fire..

:rolleyes: :D

Bad news :(

The PS3 Guitar doesnt seem to work in the PC version even though it works in Frets on Fire...

I cant even map the keys to it, only to a keyboard :/

Found out how to do it... You need to use a program like xpadder to map the keyboard keys to the Controller....

Advertisement