Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Meteor Repair

• 18-01-2008 6:07pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,234 ✭✭✭

hi everyone, hopefully someone can answer my question. Got a phone back in september and there about two weeks ago the headphone connection started acting up so i brought it in for repair, got it back yesterday connection was fixed but they have broken the number 1 button.

I'm really pis**d of because i handed it in and got it back in a worse state, i could live without the earphones for a while but you need all the keys.

Does anyone know if i am entitled to a new phone or even a temp phone when its getting fixed?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 171 ✭✭7.Ronaldo

You should be able to get a replacement phone while yours is being repaired. You will have to leave a €70 deposit but you'll get that back once you return the phone. Supply of loan phones are limited though so I'd check with the store if I were you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

you're not actually entitled to a loan phone so don't go demanding one or anything but most places do them if you pay a deposit. meteor's policy is a phone has to be sent away three times before a replacement will be given

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,234 ✭✭✭Fresh Pots

alright thanks guys, i'll see what they say about a replacement phone. i just rememberd i have an old nokia 6070 i can unlock, i might just use that. I guess 10 days with a different phone won't kill me!

thanks again! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

hi everyone, hopefully someone can answer my question. Got a phone back in september and there about two weeks ago the headphone connection started acting up so i brought it in for repair, got it back yesterday connection was fixed but they have broken the number 1 button.

I'm really pis**d of because i handed it in and got it back in a worse state, i could live without the earphones for a while but you need all the keys.

Does anyone know if i am entitled to a new phone or even a temp phone when its getting fixed?

surely after breaking your phone they should be treating you a bit better than making you wait without a loan phone or even a replacement as they have damaged your phone! if the damage was severe enough to break a key then i would be asking what other internal damage has been done??

as any knocks or dropping a phone can do terminal damage which may not surface for days or even weeks!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 171 ✭✭7.Ronaldo

To be fair the phones have to be sent to Sigma and even in a padded envelope damage can still occur.

If theres a loan phone available he'll be able to take it if he makes a €70 deposit. This has to be the case because if he was allowed to take it for free and this turns out to be a better phone than the one he's having repaired, wheres the incentive to return it?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

but where is the incentive for the repair and delivery people to not break phones? seems nobody takes pride in their work anymore

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

What...incentive....is....there....for....the....repair....guys.....not....to.....break....phones.

Did you actually say that? Seriously.

Wow. Just wow.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,234 ✭✭✭Fresh Pots

Ok was planning to bring the phone down to the shop today, then this morning i wake up, check my phone and realised that its working normal again. Now i don't know whether to bring it back or not, probably no point as theres nothing wrong with now, but lets just hope it stays that way!

Advertisement