Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

3G Broadband (vodafone,etc)

Options
  • 18-01-2008 6:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 34

Hi All,
    I have a USB Vodafone 3G Broadband (30eur a months for 5GB) and Im wonder CAN I take off my SIM Card from the Vodafone Broadband and put it into my Mobile Phone (that have 3G) or a 3G PDA ? If yes then it will be the same as 30eur for 5GB???

Thats the question that keep thinking over,over and over!

Thanks for taking your time to read it out and hope to sent me something.

Johnny :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,826 ✭✭✭godskitchen

Yes you can.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 91,557 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

does this mean you can save €99 on the USB modem if you use a phone than can be used as a modem for a computer via IR / cable / bluetooth ?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,213 ✭✭✭culabula

does this mean you can save €99 on the USB modem if you use a phone than can be used as a modem for a computer via IR / cable / bluetooth ?

yes, as long as you are with a provider that offers mobile BB as an 'add-on' -such as I am enjoying this very minute with O2 Ireland. My voice SIM is in my N95 and I am careering at dizzying speeds -well, compared to 3 IRL.

Incidentally, the datamodem is now 89€ from 3 and 49€ or less from Voodoo. They can now be bought in Belfast in a variety of colours for 99GBP on PAYG. The UK service performs in a significantly better way than its sister net in Ireland -i.e. it works.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 91,557 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,943 ✭✭✭long_b

Anyone else having problems browsing with Meteor

Neither WAP nor ISP settings are working on my N70 ?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,490 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

long_b wrote: »
    Anyone else having problems browsing with Meteor

Neither WAP nor ISP settings are working on my N70 ?

This is unrelated to Mobile Broadband when compared to the likes of Vodafone, O2's 3G Broadband offerings

• Registered Users Posts: 4,943 ✭✭✭long_b

Ooops - sorry folks, meant to start a new thread in Mobiles with that.

On topic, I think all of the 3G operators insist on bundling the modem with the SIM card - an O2 salesperson told me so anyways.

Advertisement