Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Warning for People out on the Scene

Options
  • 18-01-2008 6:54pm
    Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,736 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Hi there, this warning has been posted on GCN and Gaire. There is a young man described here who is clearly a menace to woman and maybe gay men also. Be careful if heading out this weekend.

Hi,
    Thought I'd put this out there in case it happens to someone else. Last night my girlfriend and I were in one of the central Dublin gay bars. We went in at about 8pm for a quiet drink and were just chilling out by ourselves.
    The bar was fairly quiet but everyone in there was in groups of four or more except for us. At about 8:45pm, I went up the bar to get us a few drinks when I was engaged in conversation by a fella at the bar, i'd say he's about 20 years old, about 5ft 10in, dark hair, sallow skin, roman nose with a Dublin accent. He was asking me why I was drinking water and made other chit chat, so I made small talk until the bargirl returned with the drinks and then went back to my girlfriend.
    I noticed him staring at us a short time later, and just presumed he was lonely and thought nothing more of it. He came over to us after a while and asked did we know who was djing, what was on etc, but it was pretty clear that he wanted to join us as he was carrying his drink and jacket. We didnt think there was any harm in him joining us, as we thought he was just a young guy out on his own.
    Within five minutes of him joining us, his mood changed and he became very forward, namely about my breasts. He showed us an obviously doctored passport with all of the major details scratched off and was very paranoid about us believing what his name was and things like that. For the record, he said it was Giorgio (pronounced Your-Go).
    He told us a lot of stories about himself, such as being raped, suicide attempts, gang sex. When we drew him on these stories, he mixed up the details and contradicted himself at every turn. All of his stories were forced and at every break in the conversation, he questioned whether we believed him or not. One second, he was telling us about his mom and dad at home, the next second his mom lived in Cyprus, hated him and he was nearly anally raped by a customs official. This story changed again and again.
    His accent was drifting from 'posh' to regional to everything in between, but he had no signs of being drunk. He talked to us about a lot of different instances of girls getting gang raped and assaulted and made a lot of references to date rape and really brutal sexual assault.
    Alarm bells were ringing so when he excused himself to go out to the smoking area, my girlfriend and I decided to play this by ear and watch him. We didn't think things could get any worse. When he returned from the smoking area after about a minute, it became clear that he had not gone outside. He thought i had seen him talking to a man in the hallway and panicked about it, trying to cover up what i had 'seen'. After that, he demanded to buy us drinks and became quite irate when we declined.
    Between his erratic behaviour and the subject of conversation and the manner in which he was addressing us, it was clear that we had been scoped out by whoever he was with and we were being set up.
    It went from bad to worse and he kept describing in graphic detail 'videos' he'd seen of girls being gang raped and hanging themselves afterwards. As my girlfriend noted this morning, it was a very 'red dragon' situation. He went to the toilet having made us promise that we werent afraid of him or were going to run away while he was gone.
    We legged it the second he was gone and told the bouncer on the way out to watch him. There seems to be a weird element knocking around the scene at the moment, and i really do think that something would've kicked off had we not left when we did.
    That's us finished with the scene for the foreseeable future anyway, but i'm just posting this as a warning to other people [men and women] who are approached by someone acting like this.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,382 ✭✭✭✭AARRRGH

Those girls sound like drama queens.

They met a weirdo talking ****e in a bar. Hardly the first time that's ever happened...

This is what the advice should be: if you're the paranoid type, don't invite strangers to join you for drinks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 773 ✭✭✭Cokehead Mother

This is hardly a GBL issue... :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,745 ✭✭✭swiss

The moral of this story appears to be 'watch out for weirdos in pubs'. I can't see the relevance of this thread to this board.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement