Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

High Waisted trousers - yay or nay?

• 18-01-2008 7:08pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 826 ✭✭✭

Have a pair of these and while I like them well enough, are they worth hanging onto or should I ditch them? Really hard to wear nice tops with them at this time of year, the buttons stop above the navel. ASOS is selling them off, surely they wouldn't be doing that unless they were going out out out this year? :confused:

Although I like Fergie's look here .... Fergie+highwaisted2.jpg

nobody wants to end up looking like poor aul Jessica...

jessica+simpson+high+waist.jpg

Thoughts?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 281 ✭✭Jonesy3110

Yay for skinny girls, nay for larger girls.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

If you have a tiny firm arse yes, otherwise no.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Stench Blossoms

Only if your not bigger than a size 8.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 625 ✭✭✭princess-sprkle

nay! they make everyone look like they've a massive bum. ridiculously unflattering.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭CrazyPolly

Nay...no nay never. Whoever brought these vile trousers back into fashion should be shot...

No offence to the OP

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 72 ✭✭pinklady2

I think they can look lovely if you buy the right ones and wear the right top, in my opinion you do not have to be a size 8 either, I am a 10-12 and I have a pair.
    Also if you are wearing them they are in Fashion. I can see them coming in for the summer with nice summer wedge shoes /flip flops and a vest top... :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,946 ✭✭✭red_ice

no for any type of girl. They look stupid! Really stupid. Everyone i know thinks that it looks terrible!!

Dont do it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,623 ✭✭✭dame

Nay.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

No, no, no!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,460 ✭✭✭Orizio

God no. They even make Fergie look uglier then usual, which is quite an achievement.

• Advertisement

So Vibrant have YOU made up your mind??? :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,400 ✭✭✭PlayGirl

nay

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 826 ✭✭✭vibrant

Yes - I am sure that somebody in the local charity shop will wuv them :D

yeah, at least someone will make use of them ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

Clowns and Simon Cowell only.

• Registered Users Posts: 522 ✭✭✭Sugar Drunk

the only person I ever saw these look good on is a tall spanish girl I work with. I think they are on the way out this season? check some fashion websites or magazines

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,835 ✭✭✭unreggd

nooooooooooooooooooooooo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 826 ✭✭✭vibrant

pinklady2 wrote: »
    yeah, at least someone will make use of them ;)

Yes, and I promise I won't use some of the funny insults from this thread when I see her eh, making use of them ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,484 ✭✭✭JIZZLORD

they're skanky

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,946 ✭✭✭red_ice

I think they are on the way out this season? check some fashion websites or magazines

They never came 'in'.

• Advertisement
Advertisement