Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

water been turned off in Martello.

Options
  • 18-01-2008 7:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,269 ✭✭✭

Hi all, just to let you know, I rang the council about a few issues people where having in Martello.
    I was told the water should not be going off altogether and just the pressure been reduced.
    Fingal CC are putting in a pressure reading meter to see whats happening.They did say they will be doing major works in that area in March.
    Also.The builders in Martello seem to have forgotten to remove the mounds of Concrete and old wheelbarrows they left behind.Again I spoke with FINGAL CC and they said...its not taken over by us yet.I argued that the cement was eroding into the earth and was therefore an environmental issue. I was told the builders would be up and remove the rubbish this week end.Jan 18.
    I told them I will make representation to Fingal coco When the developers request their bond back.Builders/developers give a bond and only get it back when the land is in order, this is supposed to be a incentive for them to complete the work.I am keeping an eye on how things are going up there.
    all the best,
    cathy

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

The water issue is a little bit more widespread then just Martello.
    Ringing the county council is useless as they deny all knowledge,it is the water depot that you need to speak to and they are the people that gave me the full details about the water being switched off.

3 people turned up at the AGM with the management company where a few of the issues with the mess around the estates were addressed.

The sooner the last house is sold the sooner we are rid of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,269 ✭✭✭cathy01

hi moonbeam.
    Only 3 people.
    thats not good.What area are you in.I agree phone calls are not the best, I would alsways follow up with a letter and ask for a complaint ID number.
    I am watching this very closely and will make sure thigns are done.What area are you ina s Martello where my brother lives doesnt have a managemtn company.
    I did deal with one for New haven, they tidyied up the rubbish after I followed up n it and mentioned their bond a few 100 times.
    cathy

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

According to the management company all of Martello is controlled by them.
    According to the people in the affordable housing houses they are not paying management fees.

I did query this at the AGM and all of the houses were on their list,so even though it doesn't makes sense it is possible that the council paid their fees.
    All of the affordable housing houses haven't been sold yet either so we are stuck with the management company until the last one is sold.(according to the management company)
    Some of the residents are involved in legal proceedings with the management company others with the builders and these people could not come to the AGM.

Moon beam, Im not a happy bunNy at all.Can I pm you my number.I think I need to be very clear as to whats what before I go in and kick A**
    cathy

• Registered Users Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭Gillo

Moonbeam wrote: »
    The sooner the last house is sold the sooner we are rid of them.
    Is this normally the case, as soon as the last property is sold the management company hand the estate over to FCC, I thought the estate had to be in a satisfactory condition before the council would take it over.

Also would, the management company and the builders usually be linked? otherwise surely the management company wouldn't be bothered about the builders bond?

• Advertisement

The council don't take it over,the residents do,and yes the estate has to be in a satisfactory condition first,but them leaving it in a mess won't be a good enough reason for management not to be handed over.

The builders picked the management company which is definitely one of the issues and to to best of my knowledge has members on the board.

No representative of Newlyns(builders)turned up to the AGM.

I don't have all the details on me but can root them out on request.

Moonbeam, I am sure that the council over see the care of the area .As in water supply, street lighting etc.
    The council will only hand over the bond when they are satisfied that the builders have completed everything agreed.
    From what I KNOW.ParkW** Propertys are also involved in the new development beside the graveyear.
    I would contest them proceeding with any development until such a time they have completed to satisfaction the work already assigned to them.
    Cathy

Surprisingly enough there was issues getting street lighting here too.

The council do supply our water.

"From what I KNOW.ParkW** Propertys are also involved in the new development beside the graveyear." No idea who that company are(filling in the blanks accepted)

• Registered Users Posts: 24,993 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

cathy01 wrote: »
    Hi all, just to let you know, I rang the council about a few issues people where having in Martello
    It would be nice to know where this "Martello" is! :confused:

Martello , up the back of Dunnes stores, new housing development.Nice community, nice people,shame about the sewer, litter development rubble.
    Great we have heavy handed , head strong community reps like me and moonbeam to kick a**.
    Cathy

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,993 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

cathy01 wrote: »
    Martello , up the back of Dunnes stores
    :confused: Eh, what town/village?

DOOH, SORRY,
    Balbriggan.

Advertisement