Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

has the free game due to live problems been announced yet?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,434 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

No not yet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 987 ✭✭✭keen

Don't suppose it's Hexic HD is it, or was that giving away previous?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,147 ✭✭✭ironictoaster

Undertow Free of Charge Next Week on Xbox LIVE Arcade

Recently, Xbox.com posted a letter from Marc Whitten, General Manager of Xbox LIVE, thanking subscribers for their patience with the service. We’ve implemented several improvements to the service, to help ensure ongoing reliability and performance. As the popularity of Xbox LIVE expands, we’ll continue to closely monitor the service and make adjustments. As always, if you are having any problems, please contact your local support (1-800-4-MYXBOX in North America) so that we can assist you.

Marc announced that all Xbox LIVE members (Gold and Silver) around the world would have access to a full Xbox LIVE Arcade game to download free of charge. We’re pleased to announce that beginning next Wednesday, 2:00 a.m. PST through Sunday, 11:59 p.m. PST, Xbox LIVE members worldwide can download the full version of the recent award-winning Xbox LIVE Arcade game, Undertow.

Developed by Chair Entertainment Group, Undertow is one of the highest-rated and best looking games available on Arcade. Undertow redefines aquatic based shooters through a mix of high-definition graphics, intuitive controls and multiple modes of game play action. The game features a full story driven-single player campaign, on and offline co-op, and multiplayer for 2-16 players over Xbox LIVE for Gold subscribers. Players battle for control of the oceans as one of three selectable races, each with four unique, upgradeable units. "Undertow" is available worldwide (normally 800 Microsoft Points) and is rated E10+.

http://gamerscoreblog.com/team/archive/2008/01/18/UndertowFreeofCharge.aspx

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,742 ✭✭✭Branoic

Hey wow that's cool. Undertow is actually meant to be pretty good. Was thinking of getting it there last week.

• Site Banned Posts: 5,676 ✭✭✭jayteecork

Undertow sounds alright.

Now, Lets have some new levels for Marble Blast Ultra, please.

• Advertisement

Decent game for nothing, fair play.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,017 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

keen wrote: »
    Don't suppose it's Hexic HD is it, or was that giving away previous?
    That came free on my new xbox lmao!

Nick

yoyo wrote: »
    That came free on my new xbox lmao!

Nick

Same here, have the Xbox a while now but only noticed it a few days ago, tis a good game too addictive.

Don't like those Hexic games at all. I can appreciate the skill level involved, but they wreck my head!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭thebman

I find them easy enough and crap as hell. Hexic is brutally boring. Played it twice since I got my Xbox.

Once to try it and once to punish myself for being too lazy to change the disc to another game. I got worms which I think is probably one of the best arcade games having tried a good few of the demos. About 90% of the arcade is trash though. Why can't they just make some decent 2D platformers and the like?

I'll take this game, don't have it. Its stupid having such a small window in which you can download it. It should be freely downloadable for the length of time Xbox Live was acting up at least. Now you have to put time aside to download it during that week which is a stupid thing to have to do to get an apology gift.

Any odds on the servers going down when everyone tries to download the game at the same time while those that have it play COD4 online?

Then you have the poor b*stards currently with 360's for repair which is caused by Ms inability to test hardware properly before release. All in all, poor show Ms, poor show.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭mcgovern

brim4brim wrote: »
    I find them easy enough and crap as hell. Hexic is brutally boring. Played it twice since I got my Xbox.

Once to try it and once to punish myself for being too lazy to change the disc to another game. I got worms which I think is probably one of the best arcade games having tried a good few of the demos. About 90% of the arcade is trash though. Why can't they just make some decent 2D platformers and the like?

I'll take this game, don't have it. Its stupid having such a small window in which you can download it. It should be freely downloadable for the length of time Xbox Live was acting up at least. Now you have to put time aside to download it during that week which is a stupid thing to have to do to get an apology gift.

Any odds on the servers going down when everyone tries to download the game at the same time while those that have it play COD4 online?

Then you have the poor b*stards currently with 360's for repair which is caused by Ms inability to test hardware properly before release. All in all, poor show Ms, poor show.

You are right, damn Microsoft and them giving us a free game.
    There is no pleasing some people...

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭moggins7

wait so when is it been givin out or have i missed the date???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,393 ✭✭✭Fingleberries

It's due to be given out from 2am (Pacific - West coast USA) on Wednesday until 11:59pm on Sunday (27 Jan).

IF you've already bought Undertow, you're supposed to be able to call XBox Customer Support and they'll sort you out (doesn't say if you get another game, or the points back for Undertow).

Are you sure that date is valid for European customers and not just the Yanks?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,393 ✭✭✭Fingleberries

I'd say so - they always seem to give times in West Coast (since they're based in Seattle), but it generally is accurate for when they release system updates and the last time they gave Carcassone away free.

They calculate that as the time when there are the fewest people connected to live.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 260 ✭✭rliston

what time is that here?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭Mountjoy Mugger

2am Pacific is 10am Irish. Add 8 hours.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

The problem never affected me so to be getting a game for nothing is great.:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 260 ✭✭rliston

2am Pacific is 10am Irish. Add 8 hours.

thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,856 ✭✭✭Clover

it's available now , i'v just downloaded it :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,530 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Grabbed it at lunchtime (took about 5 attempts - I'd say Marketplace is hammered, and its only going to get worse tonight!).

(They're not exactly advertising the Free Game in the dashboard... the only ones who download it will be people who know about it)

Not a bad little game...

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭PG4000

What game is it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭MayoForSam

PG4000 wrote: »
    What game is it?

Undertow

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,017 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

Fun enough game, played for a few mins with bro split screen co op, prob not a bad game for free in fairness! Also its Unreal Engine 3 powered! Decent visuals...

Nick

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,027 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Just trying to download it now - christ, it's slow! :eek:

PS - cheers to SmellyIrishMan for the reminder! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

downloaded in like 4 minutes...awful waste of a game.

my xbox live woes have not being healed by this, a very boring crappy game that wont get much play time from me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,147 ✭✭✭mise

Had Undertow already, quite like it, especially in multiplayer.. Got my refund and got switchball instead.. liking it alot

mcgovern wrote: »
    You are right, damn Microsoft and them giving us a free game.
    There is no pleasing some people...

Don't look at me. I'm happy :D

I just feel sorry for all the people that have been screwed over because Ms only gave one game which some people have purchased and only allow the game to be downloadable for a short period of time so people who are getting their badly designed console repaired can't download it at for free at all.

I'm sorry but its a crappy deal for those people. I'm just glad I'm not one of them.

Sorry I'm not so selfish and oblivious to other peoples situations that I can actually feel sorry for them. I'll try to be more like you from now on :rolleyes:

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,644 Mod ✭✭✭✭mayordenis

its pretty sad that there was such uproar over gamers not being able to online over christmas

• Advertisement

mayordenis wrote: »
    its pretty sad that there was such uproar over gamers not being able to online over christmas

I didn't even have access to broadband over Xmas. Its not that sad when you consider the crap that is on tv over Xmas and the amount of time people have off, they want entertainment.

With the amount of new users on live it collapsed. There was uproar because all those people pay for the service.

I find it more incredible that so many people stick up for Ms when their service collapsed. I mean you pay for the service and you defend them letting it collapse? That's just weird. That wouldn't happen in my work place. We get non-stop calls if the Internet goes down for 2 minutes.

Advertisement