Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Seat Leon Sports Plus

Options
  • 18-01-2008 8:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 670 ✭✭✭

Anyone have any thoughts on the new Seat Leon Sport Plus, its the one with the tsi engine!!!!! Was thinking of getting one

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 73,455 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

A bit like a Golf but without the resale value (or the higher purchase price)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 356 ✭✭agent_smith

Hi,

I have the 1.6 leon sport up (07) at the moment. my honest opinions on it:

Like:
    equipment levels are excellent. twin zone climate control, cruise control, spots seats etc...
    gear box is fantastic (one of the nicest I have yet to drive (and I have driven beemers etc that just are not as nice)). VW/Audi group do a great job of their gear boxes.
    Boot is good.
    Lights good.
    Love the appearance.
    fantastic road holding... but it comes at a harsh ride price.

Don't Like:
    center dash .... the top spec models while excellently equipped are not what i would call ergonomic to the driver. Sure there is steering wheel controls, but , and this is a big but for me, the climate control is all buttons! To turn the temperature up or down you have to take your eyes off the wheel or are not sure which button you have pressed!
    ride quality is very harsh on the top range sporty models.
    Road noise can be a pain on long journeys.

overall i would recommend it as a car. I have had no issues with mine. The 1.4 TFSI looks to be the one to go for from an insurance and tax point of view. Actually a much better engine than what i have in my own at present! If you could afford a diesel though i would suggest you go for that though instead... even the 1.9 102 bhp model which in real world is probably a nicer drive than the 1.4TFSI :)

• Registered Users Posts: 670 ✭✭✭epopnomis

Cheers for the advice on this car, it'll make my decision a bit easier!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 356 ✭✭agent_smith

no probs ... let us know what you decide !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 47 master-d

My mother was looking at gettin the sport up version a few months ago so I took it for a test drive for her, it was a great car and i really liked it but found that at 30 mph there was a loud rumbling road noise probably due to the 17" alloys as the standard leon did not make this noise. Its something I would definatley look into and would even consider downgrading to a set of 16s for that reason.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,413 ✭✭✭HashSlinging

I love the loud rumbling road noise.

Advertisement