Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Employer's reference for landlord

Options
  • 18-01-2008 9:38pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 56 ✭✭

I am going to be letting a house with a friend soon and will need to provide an employer's reference to the letting agency. My boss has said that if I write it myself he'll sign it :rolleyes: Would anyone have a example of what is required? I presume it will just need to confirm that I am working full-time with the company :confused:

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

How about that you are very reliable and trustworthy. Also- that if you were ever looking for a job with his firm again, that he would have no hesitation in re-employing you.

In short- you are the type of person who is likely to take very good care of the landlords property, and not cause any trouble with neighbours etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 346 ✭✭A Random Walk

I would have never provided anything other than "I confirm that xyz is a full time employee of abc ltd".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,382 ✭✭✭✭AARRRGH

[Company Headed Paper]

To Whom It May Concern:

This letter is to confirm MissFitz has been employed by Acme Ltd. as a permanent, full-time employee since SomeDate 2007.

MissFitz is a reliable and honest person and would no doubt make a suitable tenant.

Yours,

YourManager

Something similar to that.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement